02-01-2014

New York

59 Signins

309 Page Views

• Views: 309
  • Message 1 of 30

PLEASE ANSWER! Yoga 3 Pro fan way too loud

2015-12-10, 0:23 AM

This is my fourth Yoga 3 Pro. The fan is insanely loud. It can't play video. It can't do anything smoothly. The battery life is 3 hours.

This is by far without a doubt the worst computer I have ever had.

The fan is insanely loud, I can hear it behind a closed door. I have unplugged it, but then the circut boards make this high pitched "digital" noise. This happens on all four Yogas that I had. No fan control program is working to lower the fan speeds. The fan runs at 100% and fluzuates in power constantly.

How do I fix this?!?!

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Views: 42025
  • Message 2 of 30

Re: PLEASE ANSWER! Yoga 3 Pro fan way too loud

2015-12-10, 21:32 PM

Have you tried cleaning it out? There is only one singular small fan cooling the Core M, so it is very hard to hear it behind a closed door. I would suggest contacting Lenovo support for this. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

38 Posts

02-01-2014

New York

59 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 3 of 30

2015-12-11, 5:27 AM

It doesn't need cleaning out, it is brand new. All the other models that I had had this same problem. It is audible behind a close door. How do I fix this? All four models were this loud.

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 4 of 30

2015-12-11, 11:51 AM
Can you verify the model you have again? It's really unrealistic that it can be heard from outside a close door, especially the Yoga 3 Pro, since it only has one small fan, and even at full speed, won't even get close to that...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

38 Posts

02-01-2014

New York

59 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 5 of 30

2015-12-11, 14:27 PM

It is a Yoga 3 Pro - 256GB Clementine Orange

All four were this exact model, except for one being 512GB.

Options

142 Posts

01-01-2014

georgia

463 Signins

4214 Page Views

• Views: 4214
  • Message 6 of 30

2015-12-11, 14:51 PM

From the task manager are there tasks consuming lots of CPU time?

Options

11384 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39799 Signins

416774 Page Views

• Views: 416774
  • Message 7 of 30

2015-12-11, 16:57 PM
There are different opinions on the noise. Some say it is quiet; some say it is loud. I have one and I do not notice a noise problem. Read this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Does-the-Yoga-3-Pro-have-a-fan/ta-p/1827463

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 8 of 30

2015-12-11, 17:23 PM
Can you give me a sample of the noise of makes? The Yoga only has a really small fan..

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

38 Posts

02-01-2014

New York

59 Signins

309 Page Views

• Message 9 of 30

2015-12-14, 3:05 AM

It just sounds like a really loud fan.

Options

2444 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3396 Signins

42025 Page Views

• Message 10 of 30

2015-12-14, 3:08 AM

Is there any clicking noises, or just simply a constant fan noise? I'm assuming there could be a wire stuck, or some dust thats stuck on the fan thats making noises, not the fan itself, since it's really small. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete