01-11-2021

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Pens on Lenovo Yoga 7i

2021-01-11, 21:06 PM

I just got a Yoga 7i and the active pen 2 for it. After using it a bit, I notice a little bit of discoloration on the screen around the pen tip as I draw, like when you touch a screen too hard with your finger. And as I press harder to have more bold strokes, this discoloration becomes more apparent. The question is, what are the long term effects on the screen when doing this? Is this expected behavior when using pens on a screen and therefore anticipated during manufacturing? Thanks for your time. 

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Pens on Lenovo Yoga 7i

2021-01-12, 18:14 PM

Hello Counciler!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Few questions though:

- Can you please provide us your device's MTM (machine type-model) number so that we can check your device's specifications and for us to assist you properly?

- Are you also seeing the discoloration that you're referring to when it's booting up or when you move the screen/lid itself?

You may also provide a picture or a video clip of the device itself while in use for us to see it as well.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-11-2021

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

Pens on Lenovo Yoga 7i

2021-01-13, 2:21 AM
mtm: 82bj0001us. The discoloration im talking about is the kind that you see by pressing on the screen too hard. Its hard to explain, really. Its not super easy to see, it isn't a rainbow color or anything. I mostly see it when there is a white background and Im looking at the screen at an angle. But it exists because I'm pressing down on the screen with the pen, because it follows the pen tip. I just don't want pressure damage to appear on my screen after a year of using this thing.
Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Pens on Lenovo Yoga 7i

2021-01-13, 20:14 PM

@ Counciler wrote:

mtm: 82bj0001us.The discoloration im talking about is the kind that you see by pressing on the screen too hard. Its hard to explain, really. Its not super easy to see, it isn' a rainbow color or anything. I mostly see it when there is a white background and Im looking at the screen at an angle. But it exists because I' pressing down on the screen with the pen, because it follows the pen tip. I just don' want pressure damage to appear on my screen after a year of using this thing.

Thanks for the response @Counciler !

Please test if the issue also occurs when you're pressing the screen using your fingertip.

Normally, applying more pressure to get bold strokes when doing something may definitely cause discoloration since it could be that LCD cover (glass) itself is touching the

LCD panel and may lead to the screen getting damaged/broken.

It would be advisable to get in touch with our Lenovo phone support at 877-453-6686 or click this link instead to see other contact options.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms