Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smp351
Blue Screen Again
Views: 301
Message 1 of 3

Permanently Turn off Track Pad

I have a brand new Yoga 730-15IKB laptop running Windows 10 Home that I picked up to replace my older Yoga Thinkpad. I need help turning off the trackpad permanently. I use a mouse all the time and sometimes when I type, my palm hits the track pad and moves my cursor. Not a huge deal but I've been able to turn off the pad for good in the past. I've done some searching with no help. The steps I've taken so far are 

1. Disabled trackpad in Lenovo Vantage software. This stays off until I restart the PC. 

2. Disabled the trackpad in Device Manager. Again this works until I restart the PC. It even says it's still disabled in device manager after a reboot and the pad works. 

3. Download Synaptics Drivers. I saw it had options regarding the trackpad but they will not install on this laptop as the touchpad is not a synaptics touchpad. 

Any help would be greately appreciated. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 279
Message 2 of 3

Re: Permanently Turn off Track Pad

Hi smp351!

Welcome to the community,

Disabling the touchpad in Device Manager, and in Lenovo Vantage are the alternative ways in doing so. Other step would be pressing Fn+F6 / F6, restart the laptop and check if it'll remain off.

Here are also some steps in removing the touchpad cable connector from the Motherboard that will permanently disable the touchpad (See attached photo).

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SeniorGuru
Views: 270
Message 3 of 3

Re: Permanently Turn off Track Pad

@smp351 wrote:

I have a brand new Yoga 730-15IKB laptop running Windows 10 Home that I picked up to replace my older Yoga Thinkpad. I need help turning off the trackpad permanently.

Lenovo has a good video on YouTube that provides several ways to do this: 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors