Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astrodoc
Paper Tape
Views: 5,450
Message 1 of 11

Plugged in not charging -Yoga 730

Just noticed this happening. Yoga 730 laptop is plugged in but shown as "not charging". Windows 10. I made sure the conservation setting is turned off. Other posts on this apply to much older laptops so I don't believe the solutions are the same. I have seen some references to disabling Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery after removing the laptop battery but the battery is sealed and not sure how it can be removed. Perhaps there is a much simpler solution?

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,419
Message 2 of 11

Re: Plugged in not charging -Yoga 730

First of all, when it says "plugged in, not charging" ..what percentage does the battery indicator show?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Astrodoc
Paper Tape
Views: 5,414
Message 3 of 11

95% decreasing about 1% daily. 

Astrodoc
Paper Tape
Views: 5,406
Message 4 of 11

Alright. It seems to be working now. So I guess I am not understanding how the power management works for this laptop since previous laptops I have owned just keep charging until virtually 100% charged. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,401
Message 5 of 11

That’s a Windows thing. Nothing to worry about. If that happens at 40% you have an issue. Plugged in not charging above 90% (actually, I think it's 95%) is normal. Freaked me out at first, too. 

ccdl78
What's DOS?
Views: 3,262
Message 6 of 11

Yeah, it's freaking me out too because I've had a full battery charge since the initial plug-in.  Will it start recharging back to 100% at some point?  My computer is only almost a month old.  I guess I better invest in the extended warranty just in case.  Any insight you can give on this subject would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

ccdl78
What's DOS?
Views: 3,260
Message 7 of 11

Mine is at 95% with that message plugged in, not charging.  How did you get it to charge up to 100%?  I unplugged the cord and put into a different plug opening on my elecric strip and it still isn't charging up to 100%.  Any advice you can give would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,255
Message 8 of 11

As I mentioned upthread, that's intentional and it's a battery protection thing. If you want a 100% charge, run it down to 20%, shut it off and charge it overnight. If you don't have anything running after shutdown (such as keeping the USB ports hot for charging phones, etc), it'll show 100% when you turn it on in the morning. "Plugged in, not charging" at levels above 90% is nothing to worry about. 

ccdl78
What's DOS?
Views: 3,244
Message 9 of 11

Thank you so much for your quick response and advice. Have a good one.
razza1987
Paper Tape
Views: 1,019
Message 10 of 11

My computer says plugged in not charging and it is only at 60% :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors