Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RickAltman59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,096
Message 1 of 11

Plugged in not charging -Yoga 730

I have a brand new Yoga 730 whose battery seems to have a serious problem. I can't get past 33% battery capacity and the system tray icon informs me that the unit is "plugged in, not charging." The 33% does not appear accurate, either, given that the unit goes dark as soon as I disconnect the power supply.

I have uninstalled both of Device Manager's battery entries, allowing them to reinstall upon system restart, to no avail. It does not appear as if this battery is replaceable by mere mortals, so I don't think I am able to muck around with physical connections.

All thoughts welcome...

Rick A.

Pleasanton CA

Guru
Views: 1,081
Message 2 of 11

Re: Plugged in not charging -Yoga 730

Hi,

Do you have AIrplane power mode on in either windows settings OR Vantage?  Also do you have conservation mode on?  It shouldnt make a difference at 33% but just wondering.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

RickAltman59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,077
Message 3 of 11

Thanks, Green -- Airplane mode is off via the Windows setting; I'm not familiar with Vantage. Power settings all on High Performance, no conservation mode active.
Guru
Views: 1,073
Message 4 of 11

Do you have Lenovo Vantage installed?  If yes go to hardware settings then power then scroll down until you see the below.

air.PNG

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

RickAltman59
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,065
Message 5 of 11

I don't have an Airplane Power Mode option on my Vantage menu. I do have Conservation Mode.
Guru
Views: 1,061
Message 6 of 11

Sorry to have to ask are you using the original charger?  Have you  tried a different outlet?  Also when you mentioned you uninstalled the 2 items in device manager did you have fast startup turned on?  The reason i ask is with fast startup turned on you are not really turning off the laptop.  For me when i uninstall a driver before reinstalling i reboot the computer first then i reinstall the driver.  

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

msmcc
What's DOS?
Views: 955
Message 7 of 11

I'm experiencing the same issue. Vantage shows that the battery is good. Not in conservation mode. Battery is draining consistently, down to 37%. Have tried different AC adapters. BIOS updates current. Any help would be appreciated.

marybicki10
What's DOS?
Views: 891
Message 8 of 11

Im having the same problem, stuck on 0%. Yesterday it was stuck on 5%. I can not download BIOS update because my battery is too low. My laptop is less than two months old, purchased brand new.

Travtrev
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 9 of 11

I’m having the same issues , did anyone find a  solution ?

Travtrev
Paper Tape
Views: 815
Message 10 of 11

Did you ever find out what the problem was ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors