Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fargo789
Not applicable
Views: 6,338
Message 1 of 5

Power Adapter wattage question

I recently picked up a Lenovo Yoga 13 as so far I am loving it.  The power brick that comes with the computer is rated for 65W.  I have a Kensingtom universal power brick that I beleive I can get an adapter to fit the Yoga.  My Kensington power brick is rated at 120W.

Here are my questions.  Would it be ok to use the larger wattage power brick? Would it cause any problems with the system in the long run or affect the life span of the battery?  Would using an aftermarket power brick have any affect on the warranty?

The Lenovo power brick is the one that I will almost always use.  It stays plugged in at my desk.  The Kensington power brick lives in my computer bag and is only used when traveling.

Zehnsteine
Not applicable
Views: 6,307
Message 2 of 5

Re: Power Adapter wattage question

Hi Fargo,

regarding wattage of AC adapter/ power supply/ charger/ power brick... the more, the better... no problem at all.

But the voltage used is most important, in case of the IdeaPad Yoga 13 it must be 20V DC (+/- 5%)

and the adapter must have the appropriate type/ size plug with correct polarity,

proper voltage and polarity information can be found printed on the OEM AC adapter.

Hope this info helps... Zehn

EwanRGR
Not applicable
Views: 6,265
Message 3 of 5

Since the AC charger for the Yoga 13 seems to be sold out everywhere (amusingly the Lenovo website claims that it doesn't even exist), has anyone found a third party solution that works? I usually like to have one charger in my bag, and one I leave at home so I don't have to remember to plug and unplug all the time.

Zehnsteine
Not applicable
Views: 6,254
Message 4 of 5

EwanRGR
Not applicable
Views: 6,220
Message 5 of 5

Amusing. The Amazon link goes to one that shows "Unavailable". The EBay link claims to have them in stock - for $999. IOW, they want you to buy another Yoga, then throw away the Yoga and keep the AC adapter.

Anyone have a link for a place that has them actually in stock and at a price under $100?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors