02-17-2019 12:56 AM - edited 02-17-2019 01:11 AM
Please, read the symptoms carefully.
I have a 1st gen Yoga running Windows 8.
I never had problems with this computer.
Now, when it goes to Sleep, I can wake it for some minutes using either the keyboard or power button, but past a certain time, like 10-20 minutes, I can't start it.
There is a solution: if I hold the power button for about 15 seconds (= much longer than the 4 seconds to force crash the computer), I can then use the power button normally to get the computer out of Sleep.
This means that the power button works OK from a hardware and driver point of view.
I tried countless solutions:
- In the advanced settings of the power mode, I tried to turn off "Allow hybrid sleep", "Hibernate after", PCI Express,...
- I tried to turn on and off the Fast shutdown option
- I made sure the option to allow the computer to shut down the keyboard and usb mouse to save energy was grayed out as it's supposed to be
- I also tried to update all drivers and/or to remove Windows updates
- I did a Windows refresh, which is like a full reinstall except it keeps the documents
- I tried anti-malware softwares and anti-virus scans
- I ran the battery gauge reset in the Lenovo Energy management software
Nothing seems to solve the problem.
Also, if I shut down the computer, I have the same problem and the only way to make the power button active again is to keep it down for about 15 seconds and then use it normally.
Having the computer plugged or not does not make any difference.
Does that ring a bell?