02-04-2017

US

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 3

Printer Driver No Longer Recognized

2017-02-04, 17:14 PM

So at one moment my printer was working, the next it wont print and it says that my driver no longer is recognized.  I have had a bit of strange issues with the printer set up in the past where it wont recognize my computer is on, but I have manually put in the IP address and it works again.

So what I have done now:

1. Tried to unistall the software and reinstall. Nothing, same message.
  2. Tried to find updated HP software,didnt work.
  3. I spent almost three days working with HP and they tried the same options, including using a generic driver and it still did not work.
  4. They said it must be my computer and Windows 10 was not fully installed but it has been fine for a year. 
  5. So I have no idea what to do?

I have a Lenovo Yoga

HP Envy

Windows 10

I work from home and I can not print. I can do it from other devices however but that aint real helpful.

Options

295 Posts

01-16-2017

GB

118 Signins

4119 Page Views

• Views: 4119
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Printer Driver No Longer Recognized

2017-02-06, 10:05 AM

Hi clcommander14,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Could you please provide some more information on the Yoga unit you're using? Did you perform any changes to the system prior to the printer no longer being recognised? It could be something to do with the network as you previously mentioned that you were able to connect to it when entering the IP manually, you tried this again?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

09-07-2019

US

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Printer Driver No Longer Recognized

2019-09-07, 17:41 PM

I also have a Lenovo Yoga 80 with an HP Envy printer running Windows 10 and I get an error that says my printer is offline due to a paper jam error but there is not a jam on my printer.  I can print from every other computer in my house.  My laptop is the only computer that has this error.  I have tried everything HP suggests (resets, new drivers, etc.) and nothing works.  It was working just fine one day and then not the next.  I had this happen with a previous HP printer  and this computer as well.  I though upgrading the printer from my 5 year old one would help but it has not.  Any help I can get would be amazing!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save