Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shinochan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,395
Message 1 of 6

Problem with Surface pro 3 stylus for Lenovo Yoga 2

Hi, I just got a Surface Pro 3 stylus from a friend, to use with my Lenovo Yoga 2. The stylus is designed for capacitive screen. So I assume it should works with the Lenovo Yoga 2 (At least I hope).

I paired it both of them together (see screenshot). But I have to admit during the pairing, the bar stopped at like 10 % and then it said Paired (my other bluetooth devices goes up to 100% before it pairs).

But it does not seems to works.

I can't use the pen at all.

My friend admitted it was not the orriginal pen as he lost it, but it still worked perfectly like the original. It is called Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 N-trig  Stylus Capacitive electromagnetic pen, he said.

My bluetooth driver are updated to the latest available for the lenovo yoga pro.

I really wish to be able to use this pen to draw. Thank you very much for all help you may provide.

Guru
Views: 4,336
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with Surface pro 3 stylus for Lenovo Yoga 2

The Yoga 2 doesn't have the stylus technology that the Surface Pro 3 does, so only a standard capacitive stylus would work. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Shinochan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,325
Message 3 of 6

Thank you very much for your answer. Do you know if there is a  way to mod the screen so it can accept it?

Any guide out there?

Guru
Views: 4,323
Message 4 of 6

I don't think there's any way because you'll need to replace the touch digitizer with the Surface pen feature.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Shinochan
Paper Tape
Views: 4,318
Message 5 of 6

Ok. Too bad. I gues it's time to save money. Any ideas for a good cheap drawing tablet?

Thank you again for the replies! I appreciate it ^^

Guru
Views: 4,311
Message 6 of 6

The Yoga Book is a great option (I have one)

Regards,
Eric Xu

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors