GB

32 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 1 of 4

Problems since updating bios Yoga 530-14ARR

2018-11-14, 0:15 AM

Hi there,

I just updated to the latest bios for my 2500u Yoga 530-14ARR - version number: 8mcn46ww

I was previously on a version like 8mcn28ww (or similar - I can't find this to download anywhere now)

Since updating, the fan noise has become unbearable - for the first 15mins after booting into Windows it is so loud I have to turn the TV up - it's ridiculous.  

This is the very thing it said it was supposed to fix, it's so bloody frustrating (and for the record my laptop was actually ok before the update, but I wanted the update for increased battery life)

In the bios readme it says it fixes:

BIOS Notification:
1. Fixed
   1) Update AMD code to increase battery life time. 

EC Notification:
1. Fixed
   1) Update fan table to fix fan noise issue.

I have also had 2 complete lockups since this bios update (had to force shutdown), where I hadn't had a single one before - so I'm less than impressed with this crappy bios revision.

Please can someone point me in the direction of the bios repository page for my laptop?  Or tell me where I can find my previous version so I can roll back?  I tried changing the version number in the download URL but could only find one version below (8mcn45ww) - since this isn't what I had before I didn't want to flash back to that just in case it did more harm..

Thanks in advance

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

390 Signins

10360 Page Views

• Views: 10360
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems since updating bios Yoga 530-14ARR

2018-11-14, 23:15 PM

Hi bergywonderland!

You can boot on its BIOS using the Novo Button and check if there is a "Quiet Mode" option for the fan. Here's a guide on how to locate the the Novo Button https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT062552.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

18 Posts

09-29-2018

GB

32 Signins

180 Page Views

• Views: 180
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-11-25, 1:18 AM

Hi there,

Yes there is a quiet option in the bios - but I didn't have to use this before to have acceptable noise levels.

So now you are saying if I want my laptop to operate at acceptable noise levels (which it did before this bios update)  I need to cut it's performance. 

This isn't a very good solution i'm afraid - I've already tried using quiet mode and in games which I ran before in performance mode, I have noticeable degradation in playability.

Please can you advise either how to flash back an older version of bios or when there is likely to be another bios update to fix this issue?  Heat is not an issue, the CPU in my laptop is rated for 102 degrees and it never gets anywhere near that.

Options

282 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-11-25, 6:02 AM

Hi bergywonderland,

Thanks for getting back to us. Any chance do you still remember the previous BIOS version so we can check if possible flashback? Thanks!

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save