Options

3 Posts

01-11-2015

GB

7 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 2

Problems upgrading (free, by the way) to Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro? Not for me (August 2018).

2018-08-18, 19:29 PM

I had real trouble finding a straight answer to the question of whether there were still problems upgrading to Windows 10 on the Yoga 2 Pro three years after it was released (I upgraded in August 2018). This post is just to add my positive experience so that others might find it when searching instead of having the usual problem that only negative experiences are reported.

So, basically I was moving from Windows 8.1 64 bit to Windows 10 Build 17134 and the short version is that absolutely nothing bad happened.  I did have all my firmware/drivers up-to-date, so I didn't even have to make any changes there.

The only problem I have encounted is one that I already had, which is to do with Bluetooth cutting out maybe because of WLAN interference (seems to vary with intensity of use).

So overall I am happy with the result.  Especially as I successfully used the tool described in this ZDNet article to perform the Windows 10 upgrade for free even though officially it stopped being offered on this basis years ago:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Options

2373 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12618 Signins

145578 Page Views

• Views: 145578
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems upgrading (free, by the way) to Windows 10 on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro? Not for me (August 201

2018-08-19, 1:10 AM

Hello bandai_akc,

That's great news. Thank you for the feedback.  :smileyhappy:

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete