Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 508
Message 1 of 4

Problems with Yoga 900 displaying to an external monitor via VGA via USB-C

Hello,

I've connected my Yoga 900 (13isk2) to a Samsung monitor by a VGA cable via a usb-c adapter (cableMatters Multiport), display is on, but I have some problems:

In windows' Display Settings--> Advanced settings, the resolution drop down list is empty, to change the resolution I had to go to intel's options, and most importantly if I click "Adapter settings" it does nothing, ... Why is this a problem? I need to access the "Adapter settings" to hopefully set the monitor settings correctly, as everything looks so blurry (resolution 1280*768 with no scalling) and the colors do not look right.

I checked the 2 drivers under Monitor in the device manager, clicked update driver and it told me that I have the latest (2006 driver). And the display driver I have just updated it from Lenovo's website last month.

Anybody knows what can be causing this or how I can solve it ?

grey_os
Token Ring
Views: 489
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with Yoga 900 displaying to an external monitor via VGA via USB-C

Try to Color calibration
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xD
There is nothing like 192.168.1.1
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 469
Message 3 of 4

How do I do that ?

Besides the biggest problem is that everything looks kind of blurry, so it's very hard to read text on the screen

BettinaJ
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 4 of 4

I have not quite the same problem.

I want also to conect my Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition to a Samsung monitor by a usb-C - VGA adapter.

When I conect the monitor, it stays in stand-by and nothing happens.

Is there some kind of switch or configuration I should look at?
Also, I did try this (http://support.lenovo.com/dk/da/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-900-13isk/downloads/d...) But it says "This system does not meet the minimum requirements for software installation".

Any one have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors