06-29-2013

Seattle, WA

2 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 2

Programs Not Responding/Not Enough Resources - Yoga 13

2013-06-29, 9:03 AM

I have the Yoga 13 and am spending way too much time waiting for my programs to respond. This happens across the board - Office, Internet Explorer, File Explorer, etc. I will just be sitting there reading a Word doc and move my mouse slightly and it will go into (Not Responding) mode. I don't think it's the software because it happens in all types of programs. Most of the time the programs recover but sometimes they just crash, particularly Internet Explorer.

Overall this computer is slower and less powerful than my 4 year old Dell Studio XPS that has half as much RAM and a two generations earlier version of i7. For example, big Excel files I work on for work on my Dell would not crash. The same files on the Yoga crash Excel or functions just wont run, giving an error: (not enough resources).

In addition, the wifi connection is horrible. If I use VPN to connect to my client's corporate network, I drop every two to ten minutes. Half the time I open Internet Explorer and type something in the browser bar, there is a 5 second delay before it even recognizes that I typed something.

I have updated all my drivers and run all the tests I found to run and everything checks out fine. I find myself rebooting about once per hour to try to keep everything fresh, but nothing makes an improvements.

Did I just get a bad machine or any ideas to improve performance? What is the window for returning this machine for a refund?

Options

6 Posts

02-07-2014

us

3 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Programs Not Responding/Not Enough Resources - Yoga 13

2014-02-21, 23:19 PM

I am having similar issues with my Thinkpad Yoga S1.  Several programs stop responding and many programs are slow to start. 

I am having occasional issues with Firefox stopping for awhile then resuming. 

Consitstent issues with Chaos Intellect CRM, any time I try to read or edit a note hangs and does not resume. 

Manyother progrmas just take a long time several second, before they do anything visible in the way of starfing up.

Steve

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms