cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kryan1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,084
Message 1 of 3

Push power button, light next to dc jack in blinks three times, what does it mean

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,058
Message 2 of 3

Re: Push power button, light next to dc jack in blinks three times, what does it mean

Would help to know which model of computer you have. Does it boot at all?

I'm just going to give you generic help since I don't know enough for anything specific. 

Make sure the power supply is working. Use a known-good outlet and check the power supply's LED light (if it has one. Some do, some don't). If the LED goes out when you connect the PS to the computer, you might have a motherboard issue. If no LED light, check with a multimeter to make sure the PS is working. Note that with some power supplies, such as the USB-C PS for the 910, this is not possible. Again, it helps to know the model.

If the power supply appears to be good, disconnect everything from the computer, remove the battery, then hold the power button in for 10 seconds. This discharges any flea power. Put the battery back in, re-attach the power supply and observe the lamp to see if the battery is charging (this can vary by model, too). After 10-15 minutes of charging, attempt to power up the computer with the power supply still connected. 

Good luck

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
kryan1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,048
Message 3 of 3

Re: Push power button, light next to dc jack in blinks three times, what does it mean

I have a Yoga 710-14IKB laptop ideapad. It has a new battery. It was able to boot with the new battery with power level 50%, changer plugged in but no indication on the screen that it was plugged in. The new battery then rapidly discharged over a period of 25 minutes, then the laptop blinked out and dropped dead. When I pushed the button to start it, I got three amber blinks. When I try to get into the BIOS with the pin on the side, I once again got three amber blinks. Am completely puzzled, thank you for your help, appreciate it muchly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors