Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luismiguells
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 1 of 2

RAM upgrade in Lenovo Yoga 14 3 Model: 80JH

Hello guys, well recently I upgrade my ram computer from 4GB to 8GB but there's a little issue the ram it's not running at the correct DRAM frequency, the RAM comes with 1600 MHz but only works at 800 MHz, I try to fix that in BIOS but there's nothing I can change, like frequency, voltages, etc.

1.JPG2.JPG

Guru
Views: 443
Message 2 of 2

Re: RAM upgrade in Lenovo Yoga 14 3 Model: 80JH

It's normal. DDR basically doubles the speed of your BIOS, or more specifically runs two transactions per clock cycle, and so you're getting an effective 1600Mhz even though the system is detecting it as 800Mhz.

Don't worry, it's running at 1600Mhz Smiley Happy

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors