Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al141
What's DOS?
Views: 144
Message 1 of 5

REPLACEMENT DEMANDED after 3 warranty repair fail

Hi 

The problem is that when connecting a usb c cable to a external monitor, the external monitor flashes every 5 second. The external monitor is not the problem because we tested it out with other devices with USB C  and they worked fine and are not experiencing this issue. The cable is not the problem because it is a brand new cable and we tested it out with other devices with USB C and they worked fine and are not experiencing this issue. Everything is up to date on this laptop.We had a technician come out to replace the suspected usb c port and it still is experiencing the problem,TWICE. We sent it to an offsite repair facility and it is still experiencing the same issue. 

This is unacceptable. This repair process has been going on for about 3 months. We paid for extended warranty. We lost  3 months of work and productivity time due to this issue resulting in lost revenue. Now you are saying to send it in for repair again. How much more time are we going to be sending it in for repair. Our company spends thousands of dollars on Lenovo equipment because we trust in the product and the support we receive.  Please connect me to your supervisor so I can discuss with them about this issue.

I REQUEST A REPLACEMENT OF A DIFFERENT MODEL.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 134
Message 2 of 5

Re: REPLACEMENT DEMANDED after 3 warranty repair fail

I actually DO suspect the display. Could be handshaking.. could be a number of things. Without make and model numbers, however, I can't really help you. Have you tried the same computer on a different brand of display? Especially one that is NOT a 4k display. Just a suggestion. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Al141
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 3 of 5

Yes I have tried it with a non-4k display and it is still happening. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 100
Message 4 of 5

Sorry to read about your problem, Al141.

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to the attention of the community. Allow me to express how sorry I am that you encountered difficulties in attempting to resolve your concerns. I can only imagine your frustration. I do not work for Lenovo. This is a peer to peer forum provided by Lenovo so that members may share their experiences and help each other. I am a customer like you and a volunteer on the forum. There is a Lenovo presence here who deal with some of the broader issues, but unfortunately because of the number of queries there is no guarantee you will receive a direct response.

Perhaps you could contact Lenovo again and request that the agent escalate the case on your behalf; they will then be able to explain the process.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 96
Message 5 of 5

Still don't know your model numbers. Computer and displays. I use a trendnet adapter with a 910 and 920 on a 5-year old Vizio. Works fine.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors