03-10-2013

DALLAS

13 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 6

RESTORE Yoga 13 after using HOTFIX

2013-05-05, 23:51 PM

I while ago I used the HOTFIX to have more space in the C drive. Now I want to reset the computer to factory settings but it won't let do it. Before using the HOTFIX I moved the files on the D drive to a external hard drive. So I was wondering if there is a solution so I can restore my computer. Thank in advance.  

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Views: 274702
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: RESTORE Yoga 13 after using HOTFIX

2013-05-07, 23:07 PM

hi martynoly,

According to the Yoga 13 partition hotfix FAQ, the OKR functionality will be kept after running the OKR partition. If you manually edited the partition and ran the Yoga 13 partition hotfix, that might have not retained the OKR functionality as the partition structure has been altered already.

As an alternative, you can Reset Windows 8 as it acts the same functionality as restoring the original OS on the PC.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

03-10-2013

DALLAS

13 Signins

78 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2013-05-08, 18:00 PM

Hello neokenchi, 

What I did before running the hotfix was to copy all files that were on the D drive to a external hard drive and then I deleted them from the D drive. After that, I tried to reset windows by using the windows functionality but it would not work. I also tried the OKR but I got the same result. I also did boot my computer into the Windows Recovery Environment and tried to reset it from there but it kept saying that the recovery files were needed. I then created a recovery drive and booted my computer with that but it didn't work neither.

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2013-05-08, 21:52 PM

hi martynoly,

Can you try to check if the HIdden Partition is still intact by doing the following:

1. Press Winkey+R > type diskmgmt.msc

2. On the disk managenebt window, verify if you have the Recovery Partition (see spoiler)

Recovery 3.jpg

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

03-10-2013

DALLAS

13 Signins

78 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-05-09, 3:39 AM

Hello neokenchi and thanks for your help so far,

There are five drives, three of them have less than 1GB of space and 100% of it is free space. The C drive has 100GB and the rest is in black and it says it is unallocated. There is not an OEM or recovery partition.

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-05-09, 14:35 PM

hi martynoly,

The One Key Recovery button depends on the recovery partition. If you don't have this, OKR and other reset/refresh functionality will not work. It's unusual that the Yoga 13 Partition Hotfix caused the deletion of this partition as it is not the way it was programmed to do but moving forward, the only way to restore the PC to factory settings is to get your hands on the recovery discs. You will need to contact lenovo on how to obtain a copy of the disc.

Hope this helps

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete