04-24-2013

Fremont, CA.

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 6

Rainbow monitor effect

2013-04-24, 22:21 PM

After booting up and left alone the system went to sleep. As I wake up the system I can't see anything. The screen has distorted with rainbow vertical lines. I can no longer see anything! I've hooked up to external monitor and that worked for a little bit. The video card device is now disabled and the external monitor no longer works. Now I am stuck on how to return the video card device back to enabled for I can no longer visualize anything.

Yoga.gif

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

PH

4456 Signins

274702 Page Views

• Views: 274702
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Rainbow monitor effect

2013-04-25, 21:39 PM

hi Buckitall,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums

Looking at the picture, is this a Yoga 13? If it is, the video card on this unit is the Intel HD 4000 and it is embedded on the processor. If the external monitor doesn't work anymore, this is probably a video card issue and you need to call lenovo for service.

If the computer still turns ON with just a black screen, what you can try is to:

1. Press the One Key Recovery button (this is the key on the left side of the power button)

2. If the computer turns ON with a black, this should be the menu that will come up:

---------------------------------------------------------

|| 1. Lenovo OneKey Recovery system  ||

|| 2. BIOS setup utility,                        ||

|| 3. Enter the boot menu                     ||

Pres the down arrow key once and press Enter to boot into the BIOS then press F9 to load the default settings (this will refresh the hardware components on the PC) and press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

If nothing happens, you will need to contact lenovo for service.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

04-24-2013

Fremont, CA.

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 3 of 6

Re: Rainbow monitor effect

2013-04-26, 3:56 AM

Thank you for your response,

Just before your post I talked to Lenovo Service. According to the symptoms I described it sounded to them it is a monitor ribbon problem. Sent it back (under warranty) for repairs.

Options

1 Posts

05-04-2013

usa

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 4 of 6

yoga 13 after closing top, then reopening, screen only shows multicolor strips

2013-05-04, 12:53 PM
All was working well on my new yoga 13 w i7core, then just now I opened top, and only vertical lines on screen, rebooted and still vertical lines on screen. Nothing else changed, no trauma to unit, only sitting on desk. how do I fix or who do I contact
b
Options

6 Posts

05-14-2013

Oregon

8 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 5 of 6

Re: yoga 13 after closing top, then reopening, screen only shows multicolor strips

2013-05-25, 21:46 PM

I had this same problem, I had to send it in to lenovo for repairs and they replaced the motherboard. I should mention that it took nearly two weeks because of a "parts shortage" and then I had nearly the same thing happen aftter i got it back. The screen turned gray with stripes but when I opened and closed it the screen returned to normal. Both times all I was doing was surfing the web, I think maybe it's a manufacturing defect now I'm nervous and wondering if I should return the computer to BestBuy if they would even take it back.

UPDATE

The screen went out again, I took it to BestBuy but can't return it because it's been more than 30 days  now, they gave me the option of sending it out to be repaired by BestBuy and I went ahead and gave it to them because if Lenovo couldn't fix it the first time I doubt sending it to them a second time would do any good.

Options

4176 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38496 Signins

576441 Page Views

• Views: 576441
  • Message 6 of 6

Re: yoga 13 after closing top, then reopening, screen only shows multicolor strips

2013-05-04, 13:01 PM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete