cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngryDev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,618
Message 1 of 20

Ram upgrade for Yoga 13. Has anyone seen any instructional videos or good instructions?

Ram upgrade for Yoga. Has anyone seen any instructional videos or good instructions? And Do you need special tools?

Thanks

BruceWayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,581
Message 2 of 20

Re: Ram upgrade for Yoga 13. Has anyone seen any instructional videos or good instructions?

Also interested in this.

I wanted to pop it open to see if I could upgrade the ssd or ram but I couldn't find a tool that fit.

Yargnit
Token Ring
Views: 12,575
Message 3 of 20

Re: Ram upgrade for Yoga 13. Has anyone seen any instructional videos or good instructions?

From what I have seen RAM is fairly easy. You just have to pry the keyboard up. SSD requires removing a bunch of screws. But I can't 100% confirm this.

BruceWayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,572
Message 4 of 20

Is there a video?

I don't want to break my keyboard by doing it wrong.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 12,560
Message 5 of 20

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_yoga13_hmm_1st_edition_oct_2012_english.pdf

follow the instruction listed in the above, it looks like you have to take apart the laptop pretty much completely. There is an issue of warranty too with this sort of tear downs.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
papichulojeff
Punch Card
Views: 12,558
Message 6 of 20

I have been looking around for this since release date.  I already picked up the RAM, 8GB.  I read the manual, it shows under the keyboard but once I tried prying the keyboard, it seems too tight.  I do not want to snap it in 2 pieces.  Smiley Sad

papichulojeff
Punch Card
Views: 12,536
Message 7 of 20

Just did it, took me 5 minutes, there's a trick to it!
Yargnit
Token Ring
Views: 12,530
Message 8 of 20

So, do tell!

papichulojeff
Punch Card
Views: 12,509
Message 9 of 20

Tilt the screen way back to match the flatness of the keyboard.  So the entire computer is flat on the table.  Basically you have to find something that has a flat edge similar to a credit card.  Make sure it is not ruff because you will scratch your keyboard and cause damage to the computer.  On the top right corner of the keyboard between the corner and the computer, where it sits, stick the flat edge piece at an angle.  It has to be somewhat skinny to fit in the crack.  Second you have to put mild force as if you were trying to pry it upward.  It will sound as if it is coming undone, it makes a sticking sound, like if you were peeling a sticker.  Pry it enough where it is slightly popping up and slide the flat edge item around the bezel while slightly prying.  Once you get the keyboard semi off the computer, Slide the keyboard back towards the screen.  Do not lift it completely off, since it is connected.  Then pop the ram in and done. 

BruceWayne
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,500
Message 10 of 20

Is it dual channel?

Is it 1x 4gb stick or 2x 2gb sticks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors