01-09-2016

United Kingdom

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 4

Random Notification Chime

2016-01-09, 22:12 PM

While I am using my laptop (Yoga 500), there is often a notification chime and if I am typing, the cursor disappears from the screen. There are no messages popping up, so I am not sure what the laptop is doing when it makes this noise. I have checked what the sound means, and it is just the default for my laptop, so it could be anything! Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thanks!

Options

1 Posts

12-03-2016

GB

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Random Notification Chime

2016-12-03, 19:01 PM

Me too, cursor freezes momentarily with  each chime. It's driving me crackers as I hear it even with the sound muted. Initially I thought it was a Windows 10 app notification but have silenced those and still having problems. They seem to be more frequent now, to the extent that they're interfering with usage for TV etc.

I'm using an older Lenovo laptop, a G580 2569.

Might it be related to blocked pop-ups when online? Will be poking about in settings for AVG but suspect it's the laptop. Did anyone at Lenovo respond to your query?

Thanks.

Shona

Options

1 Posts

05-16-2017

US

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-05-16, 15:37 PM

There is no Me Too option on my screen, but I also have this problem (frequent, apparently random, notification-like sounds).

The forum tells me I cannot Me Too my own topic, but I'm not Natalie.  

I wonder how many other people couldn't Me Too this?

Options

0 Posts

01-29-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-01-29, 1:37 AM

Hey there,

This is quite the old post and I hope you have figured it out, but I'm going to post the response anyways as this thread is the top result when "Why does my lenovo randomly beep" is searched. Basically, that chime or beep is the result of you typing too fast and making an error(hitting tab, shift, etc) causing your computer to take in too many inputs at the same time. 

Here is a link on how to turn it off: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500427

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete