Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat0908
Punch Card
Views: 20,661
Message 881 of 1,156

Re: Yoga 2 Pro 13 Yellow Color Issues

@mscrivo, apologies, I did not see where he said that and still do not see it but I'm posting from my mobile phone so it's hard to go back and read all the posts right now. I'll go back and read them all this evening. In the meantime, I'll take your word for it.
cy023
Paper Tape
Views: 20,152
Message 882 of 1,156

Just got mine from Best Buy yesterday and absolutely love it. The greenish/yellow is noticeable but not a deal breaker for me. Being a software tester myself, I understand Lenovo's time frame for getting the fix out. A lot of time is needed to test fixes, especially Bios related. I also know how product managers can release products with these kind of issues, sacrificing quality over costs/time to market. I am excited to see they have a fix.

Highlighted
LedZappa
Punch Card
Views: 19,289
Message 883 of 1,156

It appears the update is available. BIOS and Energy Management Update. I've read it works. Going to try it now.

Seems to have worked for me though the yelllows are still not perfect, but I was satisfied as is, so this is a bonus.

BIOS is dated 10/31/13 according to Windows.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS035004

Dthawks27
Punch Card
Views: 18,957
Message 884 of 1,156

Just downloaded the update and the yellowing issue has vanished on all modes. Smiley Happy 

Great work, Lenovo! Now I have no qualms recommending this machine to everyone I know. 

jakubnahodil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,928
Message 885 of 1,156

Great work? NO WAY. Yellow is not better, only less bad. Notebook in this category (for photo editing..) can not worse color than my all cheaper android device !!! I waiting for next update, or return this overpriced toy. Calibration with Spyder 3 Pro is not helpful in yellow gamut.

Shame.

mitchellvii
HDMI
Views: 18,925
Message 886 of 1,156

Now what will I do with all my yellow hate?  Maybe I'll find another computer (I don't own either) and go complain about their yellow?  Lol.  Later trolls, Y2P just went from awesome to exquisite.

mitchellvii
HDMI
Views: 18,920
Message 887 of 1,156

Great work? NO WAY. Yellow is not better, only less bad. Notebook in this category (for photo editing..) can not worse color than my all cheaper android device !!! I waiting for next update, or return this overpriced toy. Calibration with Spyder 3 Pro is not helpful in yellow gamut.

Shame.

-----------------------------------

Also, screen is MUCH brighter now.  Make sure you go into power settings and turn off the auto-bright thing.  That really dims your screen a lot.

jakubnahodil
Fanfold Paper
Views: 18,897
Message 888 of 1,156

Please, can you send any compare with other display ? :-)

mitchellvii
HDMI
Views: 18,876
Message 889 of 1,156

Something I've noticed.  In Energy Manager if you select Performance Mode now automatically turns on autobrightness (which I recommend you disable in power settings).

bit101
Punch Card
Views: 18,861
Message 890 of 1,156

Nice improvement. The yellows look great in all modes except stable mode, which looks like the old muddy yellow. That's acceptable. Also, it works the same if you change modes via the Lenovo Energy Manager or the Windows power settings, which is great. And as someone else just said, if you go into advanced settings and disable the adaptive brightness, the screen becomes super bright. Too bright even. I had to turn it down a bit.

One thing on the bios update, it failed the first time saying something about unable to allocate memory. Realized I had some memory heavy programs running in the background. So make sure you kill all programs or even do a reboot before doing the bios update. Also, read the directions first - it mentions that it my wind up with a black screen and keyboard lit, in which case you just hold down the power button for 8 seconds to reboot. That happened to me. Luckily I'd read the directions so didn't panic. All good.

Top Kudoed Authors