Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 736 of 1,652 (90,195 Views)

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

I have a:

Yoga 2 Pro (i7)
Intel Wireless-N 7260

Linksys E4200 Dual-band router

I have no problems connecting at home, however, I cannot connect (at all) at the car dealrship I have my vehicle serviced at (iPad and cellphone connect just fine).

I can connect at my office , however, it constantly drops and reconnects.

It would be completely unreliable to take on the road.

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 1,652 (111,339 Views)

Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

Ok, so I see that the earlier Yoga had problems with Wifi, and I'm wondering if this is the same problem I have with my Yoga 2 Pro.

If the wifi signal is at all weak, it just seems to drop out. This is a huge headache and might be grounds for returning the machine, which I have already fallen deeply in love with.

Is there a fix? Is this just me or is this an issue across the board?

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 1,652 (111,272 Views)

I have had my new Yoga for 4 days and have changed all the power settings, updated drivers, etc. as recommended on various message boards, but wifi keeps dropping out.  I have several devices on the network and nothing else has this problem.  I am thinking of returning it if a solution isn't forthcoming...

Former Administrator
Message 3 of 1,652 (111,043 Views)

[ Edited ]

All,

We've seen wireless drop discussion across many models in the forum.  Subjectively, from my perspective, they seemed to increase after Windows 8 came out.  We've seen a number of updated driver revisions, and some recent updates for intel wifi seemed to have help a lot on our ThinkPad models.

The Yoga 2 Pro appears to have an Intel wifi card - you can check to confirm on your particular mode in device manager.  I would recommend trying the updated driver from our support site that was just released on Oct 16th.

Please let us know your results after applying this update.

If you are experiencing drops and have the updated driver, could you confirm what energy management profile setting you have applied?

Thanks

Best regards,

Mark

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 1,652 (111,005 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. Every other device works on my home WiFi just fine except my Yoga 2 pro which I bought 5 days ago. I am going to return it if this problem is not going to be fixed within 2 weeks return period.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 1,652 (110,935 Views)

Thank you for your reply.  I have indeed installed the updated driver, but it did not solve the problem.  Following are my settings:

1. Power Options:  Wireless Adapter Settings:  On Batter:  Maximum Performance, Plugged In:  Maximum Performance
  2.   Network & Sharing Center - hardware:  Allow the device to wake the computer

Appreciate any advice.  This is really frustrating.

Thank you,

Tom

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 1,652 (110,833 Views)

Updated drivers, and so far so good. Really hope it continues to work, as I would have had to give back my new baby with the wifi problems I was experiencing.

Now to figure out how to fix the other little things!

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 1,652 (110,830 Views)

Did you just update your Intel wireless driver or others as well?

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 1,652 (110,829 Views)

FYI, I called BestBuy and they basically said that if it isn't working and it's new, they recommend going with a different computer - not the best in terms of supporting Lenovo...

Hoping for a solution soon.  I have 1 week left before I need to return it.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 1,652 (110,813 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem as well. Updated the intel driver to the newest version and tried changing the power settings as well. I own the i5 version.

The wifi dropping was really bad during when the 8.1 updates were rolling out last week but got better. But now the wifi still drops out every once in a while and I have to restart the yoga to fix it. 

I hope theres a fix because I dont want to have to return my yoga but my friend has no problems with his.

Also when I check the updates section and look at the other updates (non-important) that I can install, clicking all of the updates and hitting install doesn't do anything. 

Top Kudoed Authors