Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bergman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 31,341
Message 10 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

Could be an issue with certain routers. Mine is rock solid. Of all my 5 tablets and laptops this one is near the best signal wise

gazenhokenz
What's DOS?
Views: 16,504
Message 11 of 1,653

@Bergman wrote:

Could be an issue with certain routers. Mine is rock solid. Of all my 5 tablets and laptops this one is near the best signal wise

I dont believe so because it happens with my home router and when I am on campus using their wifi.

Former Administrator
Views: 16,503
Message 12 of 1,653

gazenhokenz,

If your friend's Yoga 2 pro has no wifi issues, can you compare settings?  Can you try your system with his access point or have him try to connect on your network?

Have you tried your system in other locations for that matter?   To Bergman's suggestion, could we get everyone to share what model router you are using?  Knowing which are working fine and which may be having some kind of compatibility issue might be potentially helpful.   Also knowing what kind of security protocol is being used might be good too.

With the Yoga 13, there were a number of setting tweaks that came out in the forum discussion.

See this KB article and look at the setting suggestions that have to do with channel selection on your router, and sharing settings.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-13-WiFi-issues/ta-p/1188465

Also, if you go in through device manager on the Windows desktop, and you find the wifi card, right click, select properties and see if there is a power tab.  If so, on that tab, see if there is a box that allows windows to manage power to the device.   If so, try unchecking that option.

Mark

kctay
Punch Card
Views: 16,395
Message 13 of 1,653

This is clearly a router problem, we saw this when the first iPads came out.

pisastero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,259
Message 14 of 1,653

I spoke too soon. I had updated my driver for the wifi and that seemed to work great for a few days. No problems dropping out.

Now it's dropping out again. It does it at home, at school, and now at the cafe. So even if this is an issue with my home router, there isn't much I can do to change the University's system!

So I will try the power setting thing next, and report back.

I really don't want to return my baby, now that I'm bonded to her!

gtadem
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,133
Message 15 of 1,653

I too have been wondering if it's a router or settings issue. I live in an L-shaped, ranch style brick house. My wifi router is at the other end of the house, meaning I use wifi no issues through multiple walls, including two brick walls. The only time I've had wifi issues thus far was at a local Big Boy where I have to reset their router on my every visit anyways. iPad and firends' devices also have issues at that restaurant, though a router reboot sorts it.

alwagner7
What's DOS?
Views: 16,072
Message 16 of 1,653

i went to the link, downloaded the driver - but after i saved it, I clicked on it and it said this computer can't run this app
jpratte1990
What's DOS?
Views: 15,865
Message 17 of 1,653

choosing 'autoconnect' to your network may help

alwagner7
What's DOS?
Views: 15,809
Message 18 of 1,653

Unless I am right on top of my netgear router i consistently get dropped out from WIFI.  Frutrating when you are trying to watch tutorial vidoes for work - no other labtop is having that problem in our house.  We have 2.4 and 5ghtz available on our router.  I wish lonovo would just admit their is a wifi problem because they went cheap on that end of the computer...

Shanghaitom
Paper Tape
Views: 15,646
Message 19 of 1,653

Any new news?  Still having wifi problems.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors