Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpideyMan
Punch Card
Views: 4,852
Message 40 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

You would be surprised how many radio problems are resolved through power management settings. It definitely seems like Windows 8/8.1 is contributing to the wifi/bluetooth issues...

novoselinc
What's DOS?
Views: 4,619
Message 41 of 1,653

The value of these Forums is proven here.  I was headed to Best Buy to purchase a Yoga 2 but after reading the many user complaints about unreliable Wifi, I decided against a Lenovo.  What was particularly striking, and truly made up my mind, were the posts from the Lenovo staff.  Unbelievably, their lack of confidence in their product and seemingly blase approach to solving their Wifi issue is telling.  Even more so is the one comment criticising Best Buy personnel for offering its customers honest advice.  I guess for Lenovo, telling a fib here, or ommitting an important defect there, is acceptable behavior. Lenovo, you have lost my business FOREVER, and you can be certain that I will spread the news. Shareholders, take note.

kctay
Punch Card
Views: 4,598
Message 42 of 1,653

@novoselinc wrote:

The value of these Forums is proven here.  I was headed to Best Buy to purchase a Yoga 2 but after reading the many user complaints about unreliable Wifi, I decided against a Lenovo.  What was particularly striking, and truly made up my mind, were the posts from the Lenovo staff.  Unbelievably, their lack of confidence in their product and seemingly blase approach to solving their Wifi issue is telling.  Even more so is the one comment criticising Best Buy personnel for offering its customers honest advice.  I guess for Lenovo, telling a fib here, or ommitting an important defect there, is acceptable behavior. Lenovo, you have lost my business FOREVER, and you can be certain that I will spread the news. Shareholders, take note.

That is ridiculous.  Lenovo is using a wifi card that is used in many other devices from many other companies, and Mark has been quite helpful.  If you understand hardware, and understand this exact wifi card is used in many other devices, the issue clearly falls on the OS, and drivers, which  Lenovo has no control over.  You can also bet much of this is router problems, or user errors.  It's your loss making a sweeping judgement based on a couple of threads, this is a great computer, not perfect, but then nothing is.

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 4,573
Message 43 of 1,653

I honestly think we are dealing with a very small sample size here. I have my Yoga Pro with absolutely no WiFi issues. Furthermore, my friend also has the same model as I do with no WiFi issues. I tested other WiFi networks and had a continuous connection without any interruptions. Buy and find out. You can always return for free.

Specs: i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD
rpr13
Punch Card
Views: 4,552
Message 44 of 1,653

Well, all I can do is share my experiences.

I was one of the unlucky ones who had terrible wifi issues with my Yoga 2 Pro.

The signal fluctuated from one bar to 5 (even though I stayed in a fixed position only 15' from my router), the connection speed also wildly fluctuated, and I had numerous issues connecting, and I had dropped connections.

I just replaced the stock Intel 7260AGN "N" card with an Intel 7260AGN "AC" 2x2 card ($40 delivered).

It is now flawless, no connection issues, ridiculously high connection speeds, and consistent solid 5 bar signals.

Here's the potential enlightening fact...I didn't even have to change the driver for the card.

So I do not think this is a software, driver or OS issue.

IMHO, this is a case of a bunch of bad cards in the early production units.

For what its worth, just thought this might be interesting info to those of you trying to troubleshoot this.

genewell
Paper Tape
Views: 4,507
Message 45 of 1,653

Wow, I just went to Best Buy and was ready to fork out $1,100 cash for this product. I just returned an Acer laptop that I absolutely loved because of the wifi issue. It appears that Lenovo has the same issue. Software or not, there is no excuse for releasing this product without checking the robustness of the wifi. Deal Killer for me too.

genewell
Paper Tape
Views: 4,506
Message 46 of 1,653

I hear what you're saying but no matter whose wifi card is in the thing, once it's in the Lenovo, it's a Lenovo problem. Saying that its a router problem or a user issue scares the heck out of me. It needs to just work!

VisualFin
What's DOS?
Views: 4,486
Message 47 of 1,653

I too went to Best Buy with the intent of purchasing the Yoga 2 with the i7, but the wifi wasn't even working while in the store.  I tried several other brands and they were connected with no issues.  The only 3 laptops without connectivity were the 11" and 13" i5 and i7 Lenovos.  I really hope this problem gets fixed becuase everything else about the machine is great.

Shanghaitom
Paper Tape
Views: 4,449
Message 48 of 1,653

Interesting re: wifi at Best Buy, I went back to look at alternatives due to my wifi issues and found the same thing on the Yogas.  Yes, there were a lot of people connected and I'm sure the wifi was under stress, but other computers didn't seem to have the problem.  Seeing that BestBuy now dropped the price to $899 for the i5 makes me very skeptical about possible problems with the first run of production...This lemon is going back!

yoga2prowifiwoe
Paper Tape
Views: 4,387
Message 49 of 1,653

I'm also experiencing wifi issues with my yogo2. It's having trouble authenticating and maintaining a signal. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and trying the new (oct 21) driver for the intel 2760-n with no improvement. Hopefully the issue might be resolved with a new drivers and not an inherent hardware defect, currently I've been having to use a usb external wireless adapter which works fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors