4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1591 of 1678

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

2015-03-24, 0:19 AM

I am looking for help with a related problem that is causing much frustration

The Problem

Wi Fi speeds are very unreliable and generally slow on my Yoga 2 Pro with Intel 7260 Wi fi card.

Typically in my home environment on a speed test I will get ping of 1000-3000ms and a download speed that starts very low and crawls up to around 5.10 mbps. Up load is 0.15 mps. Web pages are very slow to open. Streaming is very slow and interupted but sometimes seems to speed up.

The problem has been getting worse in the 8 months since I bought the machine.

What is worse and weird is as long as my wi fi is activated all other  devices such as Ipads and laptops in the house also grind to a similarly slow speed. ( This seems to be as a result of the router slowing down in response to the lenovo Wi Fi)

All devices seem to work normally when the Lenovo is not being used.

I do not seem to have the problem when I connect to the wireless on my Iphone 6 and use the cellular network

or when I am in an airport longe with Wi Fi

Here are all the fixes I have tried so far ( roughly in order)

I have updated both Blue Tooth and Wi Fi drivers Wi Fi is now 17.13.11.5

I have turned off password protected sharing

I have unchecked "Allow windows to manage power to this Device"

I have put power management generally on the maximum setting

I have disabled blue tooth

I changed to channel 11 on my Netgear N600 router

Having read that the Netgear often has slow speed after a year or so I ditched the router and have installed an Airport extreme

In device manager/network adapter/advanced I turned off U-APSD support

None of these actions has made any difference to performance

I spoke to lenovo support who confidently advised me that nothing was wrong!

Even though the machine is still in waranty period I am looking for a sure  and fast fix even if I have to pay for it.

Am I best giving up on this WiFi card and getting a new one installed. If so which one will work?

Options

6 Posts

03-21-2015

US

14 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1592 of 1678

2015-03-24, 19:14 PM

I've ordered the same AS chip for my yoga 2 pro from amazon.  It's visible in the device manager but it doesnt show any networks....

Options

4 Posts

02-04-2015

Knoxville, TN

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1593 of 1678

2015-03-24, 19:33 PM

Before doing that, one more thing to make sure is taken care of. With the new wifi driver, intel added a program call "Intel Wifi Hotspot Assistant" which manages how your computer should deal with available wifi networks. Unfortuately, the default setting seems to be "Disable open hotspot connectivity." Enable this. I was always able to connect decently well in my home environment, but any other networks were intolerably unstable. Changing this setting, in addition to many other things you listed, got the wifi to function at normal speeds.

Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 1594 of 1678

2015-03-24, 20:02 PM

First of all let me lay it out here how unsatisfied I am with the product Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 I bought. First I had this screen flickering issue(which Lenovo promised to fix it, but they never did) and now I'm facing the famous Wifi issue. I had the chance to go on a few business and relaxation trips with colleages and friends respectively and whenever I tried to use my lenovo yoga pro 2 on a wifi hotel, I always had issues. I was connection fine from my phone (which is a HTC a few years older than my YP2) but never with my Yoga Pro 2. It's a real shame that Lenovo won't fix this issue either, but it's letting it's users fix it on their own expense and on top of that they never provided some real info on how to buy the proper wifi card.

Well I'm sick of my wifi card ruining all my trips and after trying to ignore the issue for a while I decided to swallow the pill and get myself a new replacement wifi card. By the way, my colleagues always had fun of my "expensive" laptop which could not connect to any wifi, I was a mocking target because of this slim and "trendy" laptop. I'm not a lazy person for asking this, actually I spend whole day reading around this forum until my head hurt and I still have no idea which cards work and which ones are not on the whitelist. On top of that my laptop is for a different market than most of the people and does not come up on the lenovo support page when I enter my Part Number so I have absolutely no clue on what wifi card to get, and I really don't want to be wasting any more money on this expensive piece of electronic equipment that I bought for work.

If there is anyone who can recommend me a proper wifi card dual band and a/c which will definitely work with my yoga pro 2? Judging by the keyboard layout my laptop seems to be made for the croatian market I suppose (even though I bought it from Macedonia, but that's another story) and my bios is this one: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/DS035004

I'm in a desperate situation as I'm unable to order anything from Lenovo in Macedonia, and I'm also unable to get any kind of support from Lenovo's website because Macedonia is not on any list for registering, which is again really sad. It's like Lenovo clients in Macedonia are ignored completely.

Actually for all the pain this laptop has caused to me, I should be asking for a free wifi replacement. It's the least lenovo can do for me to compensate for making my 1200 eur laptop an unenjoyable experience and putting my reputation to shame.

Moderator comment: Post merged in. Subject edited to match. Was: Which Wifi Card to Get for my Yoga Pro 2

Please see post #1414: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-Flex-Laptops-and/Re-Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-Problems/m-p/1764595#M25582

Options

4 Posts

02-04-2015

Knoxville, TN

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1595 of 1678

2015-03-24, 21:25 PM
Check my post above before ordering your wifi card. It really is a strange feature.
Options

43 Posts

04-18-2014

Macedonia

47 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 1596 of 1678

2015-03-25, 0:10 AM

I don't like workarounds. I'd rather get a newer dual-band card which should be a standard in laptops like yoga pro 2 instead.

Since I will be upgrading anyway, I'd like to get the newest and best wifi card there is currently. Couldn't find any info on anyone installing the newest Intel 7265NGW dua band ac and no mentioning from Lenovo whether the Yoga Pro 2 supports it.

So can anyone officially say whether if I buy the Intel 7265 will work well on Lenovo Yoga Pro 2?

Options

2 Posts

03-25-2015

Netherlands

5 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1597 of 1678

2015-03-25, 0:29 AM

Do not gamble with Lenovo products, stick with what works with other people.

7260AC-WLAN-cards-for-Yoga-2-Pro-amp-2-13/

WLAN supports sucks for most cards and so you're stuck with the certified version of the Intel 7260AC ,

as Lenovo does put a white list in their BIOS ???

Options

6 Posts

03-21-2015

US

14 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 1598 of 1678

2015-03-25, 1:05 AM
Windows 8.1

Options

6 Posts

03-21-2015

US

14 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 1599 of 1678

2015-03-25, 1:32 AM

Oddly enough it Doesnt seem to exist on anywhere on my machine.  

wrote:

Before doing that, one more thing to make sure is taken care of. With the new wifi driver, intel added a program call "Intel Wifi Hotspot Assistant" which manages how your computer should deal with available wifi networks. Unfortuately, the default setting seems to be "Disable open hotspot connectivity." Enable this. I was always able to connect decently well in my home environment, but any other networks were intolerably unstable. Changing this setting, in addition to many other things you listed, got the wifi to function at normal speeds.

Options

1 Posts

03-25-2015

Poland

6 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1600 of 1678

2015-03-25, 10:39 AM

Hello everyone. Just got this problem with Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro today. When i download something from server via wifi i got just 2-3 mb/s speed (it should be about 10 mb/s - got this speed on other laptops). I tried few things but only one worked for me.

Just install the newest intel proset wireless driver 17.14.0

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm

after the installation i got 9-10 mb/s speed on my yoga 2 pro :)

hope it will work for all of you aswell.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete