09-20-2015

USA

7 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1651 of 1678

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

2015-09-20, 23:51 PM

WOW the mod has removed my link... so sad that i cannot post a working fix. LOL. lenovo...sad... Anyways Dimitry. I also looked into other wifi cards. You know. Instead of going with intel. I have seen a few that were made by broadcom instead of intel. Now I am not sure how those drivers work though. goodluck.

Options

3 Posts

09-20-2015

USA

7 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1652 of 1678

2015-09-20, 23:56 PM

Here is new link. I posted the link that is not zipped so the mod can clearly see its not malicious in anyway.

So you wont get the warning of ""unauthorized adapter" in your bios. again you need to run the bat file to start the process, which tells the flasher to use rom 76CN41WW or else it will say rom not found.

hope it helps.

Moderator comment: Link to unverifiable software has been removed. Verifiable software comes from official sources. If you have such a link, you are welcome to post that.

Options

7 Posts

09-11-2015

Moscow

31 Signins

238 Page Views

• Views: 238
  • Message 1653 of 1678

2015-09-26, 5:47 AM

Hi, guys! I'm happy my problem is over now! My Y2P Wi-Fi is flying now with no  interruptions at all.

It was card no.3 which finally turned out to be in the "white list" and it works great!

That's where it came from:

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00GN3IR44/ref=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item

It doesn't say there that it's good for Lenovo but it is. The label on the card looks different, here is the link to a card with the label looking exactly as the one I have from them:

http://www.amazon.de/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260/dp/B00DMNSVQM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JK5S8SEPP6E6RW8T024&dpID=51ciyYz8A0L&dpsrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

So, greetings from Moscow and I wish everybody the best of luck in solving the stupid problems Lenovo likes to create for their customers!

Options

9 Posts

05-04-2015

Germany

20 Signins

209 Page Views

• Views: 209
  • Message 1654 of 1678

2015-11-04, 19:34 PM

Hey DimitrySS, I just bought the same card from the Amazon Shop, but it does not work, still not athorized...

It looks like this:

Click here to view image

Which BIOS Version are you running?

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Images are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

Options

1 Posts

11-25-2015

USA

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1655 of 1678

2015-11-25, 7:47 AM

Hey everyone.. read through a good 20 pages of this post to see if there was an easy fix. My girlfriend picked up a Yoga 11 2 saldy an she is having the same problem as everyone, EXTREMLY slow speeds (speedtest.net) an you will be lucky to stay connected to wifi for more than 5 min... She is pissed. Has anyone tried just using a nice aftermarket USB wifi adaptor with a nice antena? I was thinking about swapping out her internal card out.. but with half the people saying it worked an half of them saying they got it to work with a bios resest / possible fresh windows install my girl wants to avoid all that headache buy simply buying a nice USB wifi adaptor.  If anyone has done this an gotten good results please post up an let me know! Thank you kindy...  An for Lenovo, you just lost me an everyone I know / come in contact with looking for a new laptop business forever!

Thanks again guys!

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Views: 578
  • Message 1656 of 1678

2015-12-08, 20:22 PM
With the recent installation of the Windows 10 "November" update, my wifi dropouts seem to have been cured. I have replaced the original wifi adapter with a dual band N7260 module. When I installed the latest Win 10 update two days ago (Dec 4, 2015), I began having trouble with the flickering/black screen. Updating the graphics drivers using the Device Manager window to look on the internet for the best driver resulted in a new driver installation, and my screen flickering is cured. Apparently Microsoft is overwriting or reverting to generic drivers that my i5 CPU didn't like. Also, I went into Device Manager and let it search for updated wifi drivers on the net (not here on the Lenovo web site, although the drivers may be the same). So far - 2 days - my wifi dropouts have not recurred. Just wanted to report back. Thanks everyone for all the help here!
Options

1 Posts

01-10-2016

United States

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1657 of 1678

2016-01-10, 18:21 PM

I've had issues with my Yoga 2 Wifi for over a year now. I've been constantly checking for new fixes to try and nothing has worked for me including buying new wifi cards. Recently I also began to have issues with the intergrated graphics card. It began to constantly crash. As a result I finally decided to disasmble the whole laptop to look at everything for any damage. I found no issues until I pulled off the heatsink. The amount of thermal paste that was thrown onto the proccessor was scary. It had seeped all over the chip. I would say about 5-7 times as much thermal paste was use then should have been used and very little actually happened to be on the cpu where it needed be to transfer heat. It looks like they used the dot method on a rectagular cpu which did not work at all. I cleaned it all off and applied some gelid thermal compound I had on hand. 

Anyways long story short that was a little over a week ago and I have had zero issues since doing it. I have had this kind of limited time success before after trying fixes from this thread though. I understsand why my gpu issue is fixed bu the wifi issue being fixed by removing the excess thermal paste from the chip makes little sense to me. I will reply again if the wifi problem crops up again or if I still have had zero issues a month down the road.

Addendum; As I was writing up this post, my video card had its first issue since my fix. So apparently it did not fix that problem. 

Options

2 Posts

09-10-2015

Belarus

10 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1658 of 1678

2016-01-10, 23:19 PM
this story is the same as mine: for some reason there is poor contact somewhere and wifi drops when you touch notebook because box is flexible itself. after some time it even stops detecting wifi card, but after disassembling wifi works again....
Options

2 Posts

01-21-2016

/uk

5 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1659 of 1678

2016-01-21, 1:34 AM

Hi everybody! I've decided to tell my solution to the problem.

I bought Yoga 2 Pro and after few hours constant connection drops started.

So I've tried all the methods above and nothing worked!

I've found following solution somewhere... 

I opened laptop (it's very easy to do with te right screwdriver) and took out wifi card (disconnect the battery first).

Then I taped it around with electrical tape leaving connectors. 

To my surprise everything worked perfectly after and even much faster (the effect won't be straight away).

Another thing I found out that WiFi due to its' drivers or design is conflicting with bluetooth devices. Some of them work n the same frequencies and wifi isn't switching to the different channel automatically. For example, my mouse with bluetooth dongle totally destroys wifi on the laptop (bought new bluetooth mouse without dongle). Don't know about native bluetooth 4.0, haven't tried it yet, but try to switch it off.

Also look around in your room or net room for any working bluetooth device, like phones.

Probably driver update helps, but I have the latest one.

Another solution is buying dual-band wifi card and switching to 5GHz channel, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's also possible that you don't even need to tape wifi card, just look for conflicting bluetooth or any wireless control devices...

I hope it really helps somebody.

Options

3 Posts

02-07-2016

Prince George, BC

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1660 of 1678

2016-02-07, 4:50 AM

since taping your card have you had an negative results?

As everyone else I had the same issues from day one.  recommending power save and adapter settings put in place after a fresh install seemed to have solved the issues almost all together till the sporadic diconnection.

Tonight, my daughter decided to drop a cup of tea near my computer leading me to take things apart and look to see how tape might resolve the issue wiht the wifi card.  In looking at the wifi card I see that the white lead to the wifi board comes surprisingly close to the main chip on the card itself.  Which looks to be metalic.  Could the card be suffering from a sporadic arc/short?  As others have commented as well the computer has a slight flex or movement to it when picking it up due to the thingness of it.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I've been able to move it ever so slightly so it will not make contact and will see about some type of spacer or foam to avoid this.  the way the black lead connects no matter if it swivels even abit has not chance of making contact with the metal.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete