Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 771 of 1678

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

2014-03-05, 15:12 PM

All,

As a test, would you also try these setting changes and see if your results improve?

Confirm installed driver version, and disable Windows power management of the adapter

Boot to OS, right click “This PC”,open “Manage”->”Device Manager”,choose “Network adapters”->”Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260”,right click it and choose “Properties”->”Driver”,check driver version is “16.5.3.6”.

Open “Device Manager”,right click wifi driver and choose “Properties”-> “Power Management”, Uncheck all items and click “OK”.

This change to power management should have some positive effect in reducing drops.

Next, ISCT driver uninstall...

Open “Control Panel”->”Programs”->”Programs and Features”,choose “Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology”,click “Uninstall” to uninstall the driver.

If you get dialog box pop ups, confirm that you want to uninstall Intel Smart Connect, and then in the next pop up, select the option to close apps and restart, select OK.  Next, you will be prompted to restart to allow changes to take effect.   Please allow the restart.

I'll check with Nine to ensure we are following up with those that who volunteered to let us have a look at the system.

Mark

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 772 of 1678

2014-03-05, 15:56 PM

wrote:

All,

As a test, would you also try these setting changes and see if your results improve?

Confirm installed driver version, and disable Windows power management of the adapter

Boot to OS, right click “This PC”,open “Manage”->”Device Manager”,choose “Network adapters”->”Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260”,right click it and choose “Properties”->”Driver”,check driver version is “16.5.3.6”.

Open “Device Manager”,right click wifi driver and choose “Properties”-> “Power Management”, Uncheck all items and click “OK”.

This change to power management should have some positive effect in reducing drops.

Next, ISCT driver uninstall...

Open “Control Panel”->”Programs”->”Programs and Features”,choose “Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology”,click “Uninstall” to uninstall the driver.

If you get dialog box pop ups, confirm that you want to uninstall Intel Smart Connect, and then in the next pop up, select the option to close apps and restart, select OK.  Next, you will be prompted to restart to allow changes to take effect.   Please allow the restart.

I'll check with Nine to ensure we are following up with those that who volunteered to let us have a look at the system.

Mark

Been there, done that. The above did not solve my problem.

Options

4 Posts

03-02-2014

London

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 773 of 1678

2014-03-05, 21:02 PM

Hi,

I tried to install the Kona Intel Wireless driver for Win 8.1 for the Yoga 2 Pro that you have on the Lenovo website. However, my laptop doesn't let me install it. The message I get from Intel is that it cannot be upgraded from my current version and that I have to manually uninstall the adapter. I have manually uninstalled the adapter. However, Intel will still show me the same message when I click on the Kona driver and click on autorun to install it. So I don't know if the driver would change anything about my internet drop outs as the laptop does not let me install it. I would really love to keep this yoga 2 pro but it looks like there is no solution to this wifi problem. All other computers in the house are fine. When my Lenovo drops the others are still running.

Any more tips and help are welcome. I will cancel my return request if I can fix the Yoga before I have to return it.

Thanx

Sabina

Options

7 Posts

03-05-2014

Moldova (the Republic of)

9 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 774 of 1678

2014-03-05, 21:50 PM

Been fighting this since December.  Tried all the upgrades etc.  I am sad to report that I replaced the card with the 7260-ac and it behaves the same.  It's better but not fixed - shutting the lid causes the driver to crash as well as just normal use.  I think the driver is very unstable and crashes often requiring disable/enable.

I have finally just shut off the 7260 and bought a small USB based wifi card (Netgear N150) that has been rock solid stable. 

I really think these are buggy drivers and just need to be fixed.  Not sure hardware is the issue since after replacing the problem remained.

Options

4 Posts

03-02-2014

London

4 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 775 of 1678

2014-03-05, 22:03 PM

Hi Marc,

Question as I am not that computer proficient: If I uninstall the IntelR Smart Technology am I uninstalling the driver completely with this? What if it isn't working at all after this (happened to me before)? how can i get it back? Just let me know. So I know what to do in case this happens. Also can you wreck a computer with too many reboots to factory settings? I had to do three already as when I manually uninstalled the intel n7260 adapter and i was unable to get Kona Intel Wireless Driver installed as the Intel message kept saying that i cannot upgrade from the older version as reported in one of my earlier posts. I did the power management setting one hour ago and wifi hasn't dropped since (fingers crossed). Shall I uninstall the IntelR Smart Technology anyways? Shall I try install the Kona Intel Wireless Driver after that? Pls explain. Thanx.

Sabina

Options

966 Posts

01-28-2013

United States

1257 Signins

10822 Page Views

• Views: 10822
  • Message 776 of 1678

2014-03-06, 3:26 AM

wrote:

Been fighting this since December.  Tried all the upgrades etc.  I am sad to report that I replaced the card with the 7260-ac and it behaves the same.  It's better but not fixed - shutting the lid causes the driver to crash as well as just normal use.  I think the driver is very unstable and crashes often requiring disable/enable.

I have finally just shut off the 7260 and bought a small USB based wifi card (Netgear N150) that has been rock solid stable. 

I really think these are buggy drivers and just need to be fixed.  Not sure hardware is the issue since after replacing the problem remained.

It's no surprise that 7260AC behaves exactly the same as 7260N at 2.4 GHz due to having the same architecture and drivers after all. Your best bet is to buy a WiFi AC router and connect at 5 GHz only. 7260 drivers just aren't as good as other WiFi cards at 2.4 GHz but 7260AC connected at 5 GHz AC standard is much faster all of the Wireless-N adapters and it can beat a lot of far more expensive USB WiFi AC cards on the market.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Message 777 of 1678

2014-03-06, 4:20 AM

wrote:

wrote:

It's no surprise that 7260AC behaves exactly the same as 7260N at 2.4 GHz due to having the same architecture and drivers after all. Your best bet is to buy a WiFi AC router and connect at 5 GHz only. 7260 drivers just aren't as good as other WiFi cards at 2.4 GHz but 7260AC connected at 5 GHz AC standard is much faster all of the Wireless-N adapters and it can beat a lot of far more expensive USB WiFi AC cards on the market.

May you please tell this to my school? Oh yeah and the airport and coffee shop too? Thank you :).

Options

966 Posts

01-28-2013

United States

1257 Signins

10822 Page Views

• Views: 10822
  • Message 778 of 1678

2014-03-06, 5:17 AM

The IT dept at school, coffee shops, etc will say "I ain't replacing my WiFi gear for the sake of fixing the connectivity of one laptop. All of my hardware test show it's not the problem on my side. Just get yourself a frig..gin' usb WiFi adapter!" LOL. Intel wouldn't even bother at all.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Message 779 of 1678

2014-03-06, 12:18 PM

cbautis2 wrote:

The IT dept at school, coffee shops, etc will say "I ain't replacing my WiFi gear for the sake of fixing the connectivity of one laptop. All of my hardware test show it's not the problem on my side. Just get yourself a frig..gin' usb WiFi adapter!" LOL. Intel wouldn't even bother at all.

Hence why I hate this POS..... I regret ever buying this laptop. I will soon (in a few weeks) write an open letter and forward it to all media outlets I can. Not the small internet ones but, the big guys. I will also forward this to my Attorney General. For intel to be selling a defective product and Lenovo to install it, with negative reports already surfaced, is negligence  

Options

7 Posts

03-05-2014

Moldova (the Republic of)

9 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 780 of 1678

2014-03-06, 13:27 PM

Yeah that's not really a great answer.  The 7260 may be built for a world that doesnt exist (yet).  It's not unreasonable to expect drivers to work on the predominant network architectures in the US.  I have not had any success installing the intel drivers that are more current than the lenovo supplied drivers either.  Has anyone else?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms