Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,981
Message 1651 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

This is a potentially dangerous post. First entry from a "user" registered on 8-17-2016 leaving a link to an .exe file?? NO THANKS.
mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,979
Message 1652 of 1,653

After a very long time of frustration, my wifi dropout on the i5 Yoga 2 Pro was "solved" with a new modem/router.  Here's the story:

My i7 Yoga 2 Pro never drops a connection but my i5 did randomly for over a year.  I replaced the Intel N7260 wifi module with a dual band N7260.  I updated the BIOS.  I tried several different wifi drivers.  I checked wifi module clearance inside the case.

The other day my modem/router (Netgear 7550) failed to connect to the internet.  I replaced the modem/router with a new one and that one failed to initialize.  I had used the old power supply cord with the new router, so I changed to the new power supply cord and everything now works normally.

Troubleshooting was confused because only the i5 laptop was dropping out and my two desktop machines were stable online.  No thought about the router.  Now that I have changed out both the modem/router AND the power supply cable, I still do not know if the modem/router OR the power supply was the problem.  Since the new modem/router failed to initialize with the old power supply cable, I'd like to think that was the problem.  But since both are now new, I am not going back to analyze which was responsible.

Hope this gives someone another idea to pursue.

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 863
Message 1653 of 1,653

If your Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (20266) has Screen Flicker, Shutdown, Sleep, Overheating, Tablet Slow CPU, Yellow Screen, WiFi & BT connection dropping, WiDi (Miracast) fails, Battery Drain Fast and other small issues running with Windows 10. I strongly recommend to read this tested and reliable Setup Guide.
Regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors