Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medeiom
HDMI
Views: 6,727
Message 30 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

Go into Power Options, Change Settings, and you should be able to navigate to the WiFi setting.
alwagner7
What's DOS?
Views: 6,545
Message 31 of 1,653

done - thank you.  

Former Administrator
Views: 6,490
Message 32 of 1,653

tcj,

It is a bit disappointing to hear that a salesperson would make such a broad characterization of the product.

Looks like the updated drivers noted earlier in the thread and the power management tweaks seem to help most folks.  

Shanghaitom,

I see you were still looking for help back on page 2 of this thread.  The drivers and power managment changes seem to help most.  Some others may have router specific issues.   Can you confirm you have applied the suggested updates?  For further help in the community, it may help to confirm these and also tell us a bit more about your router and if you have tried the system in other locations.  Lastly, you can call Lenovo support directly at 877-453-6686 and they may help with further diagnosis and service as needed.

We'll continue to monitor this thread.

Mark

unknownelementx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,353
Message 33 of 1,653

So I ended up receiving my order from lenovo on monday (missed the Friday delivery) to replace my BB model. Same yellow issue unfortunately, but for some unknown frustrating reason the new computer refuses to get any decent wifi connection. The other laptop has worked flawlessly with wifi since day 1. The new one can barely load a page. The wifi bar (feet from my router) keeps fluctuating and it takes minutes to load a page. Updating drivers power management and all the usual fixes have done nothing. Anyone have this issue or did I just get shipped a dud?

unknownelementx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,320
Message 34 of 1,653

just for the hell of it I messed with the drivers yet again. I'm still not getting good performance compared to my other identical (except for HDD) Y2P (still confused and must have a dud) but oddly enough im getting some internet now that i clicked "uninstall" rather than "repair" with the new drivers. it looks like the new drivers were actually hurting things on my machine.

After reinstalling the new oct 16 drivers and uninstalling them again, I've confirmed on my machine that the new drivers totally cripple the Wifi for me.

Former Administrator
Views: 6,278
Message 35 of 1,653

The drivers from our site, or some that are pushed via Windows? 

Can you check versions?  Also, can you check in device manager on which card you have in the system?

Thanks

Mark

unknownelementx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,174
Message 36 of 1,653

Re: Mark

I downloaded the drivers from your link on page 1 (the official Lenovo updated ones)

I also have the Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 card

Like I said, while still not fast, my computer is doing much better now after downloading that update and choosing "uninstall"

rpr13
Punch Card
Views: 6,050
Message 37 of 1,653

Terrible wifi performance for me as well.

I have two 2.4 GHZ routers, the primary is an N router and I have access point connected to it thaqt is an AC router.

I keep getting knocked off the AP, even though its only a few feet away from me and I have other devices with N wifi cards connected to it that are working fine.

Shanghaitom
Paper Tape
Views: 6,038
Message 38 of 1,653

Thanks for the follow-up Mark.  Unforutately, the driver updates and power settings did not work.  I called the help number you provided, but they said that in order to provide any support I must join the Premium support service for ~$100+ dollars.  Any other ideas?

aimnano
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,958
Message 39 of 1,653

I was also having WiFi issues. Unchecking the Power Management setting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the device manager seems to have corrected my problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors