Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spoonie
Punch Card
Views: 3,375
Message 90 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

My Yoga has issues with WiFi dropping out.    Count me in with the dissatisfied.  I updated the  WiFi Driver with the "Oct 16th" revision.  I was fine for about 9 days and yesterday , it dropped connection every time I tried to copy a file remotely from the Yoga to another machine.    And then the WiFi dropped out for no reason,  rebooted,  WiFi dropped out again about 2 times.  Reconnected and it stayed on for the rest of the time I was using it.   These thing never get better,  the fact that it is still messed up days after I fixed it, tells me that this thing is going to be a nightmare once the return period is over.  

I've been through this before with electronics.   If I lose connection one time between today and Sunday, it is going back.    My 4 year old Alienware never did this, as was my MSI laptop before it, my jobs Lenovo T420 doesn't do this.  How can Lenovo come so close to having such a perfect product and then cripple it with a WiFi card that doesn't appear to be compatible with very, very popular routers and a crappy yellow reproduction.  I'm willing to bet the farm that Lenovo changed vendors for the WiFi card and now it's coming back to bite them.  But that would be a losing bet because apparently the last gen Yoga also suffered from this.  Sad.     

Spoonie
Punch Card
Views: 5,228
Message 91 of 1,653

@medeiom wrote:

Has anyone ever tried to rollback the drivers? I am looking at my Intel wifi driver and it's dated back from June 2013.  This may explain why I am not experiencing any wifi issues.

My machine came with the June drivers and I was still having problems.   I went to roll back the driver from reading this elsewhere, but the option was greyed-out.  Meaning that there was no driver to roll back to.  I updated to the OCT 16th drivers and was good four about 7 or so days.   Now its messing up again.

rpr13
Punch Card
Views: 5,089
Message 92 of 1,653

A new wifi driver has just been posted on Lenovo's support page.

I'm not going to use it as I am using the AC card, but thought you guys would want to know.

Good luck.

chuongnguyen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,072
Message 93 of 1,653

@rpr13 wrote:

I'm not going to use it as I am using the AC card, but thought you guys would want to know.

Good luck.

thanks.  will download and report back

chuongnguyen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,014
Message 94 of 1,653

@rpr13 wrote:

Good luck.

cant sayit helped me. this morning it took a good 5minutes to connect to network. had to keep manually connecting and it kept saying cant connect. finally it connected.  i had my ipad next to ot and that connected instantly. i was really hoping it will work Smiley Sad

chuongnguyen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,013
Message 95 of 1,653

@chuongnguyen wrote:

@rpr13 wrote:

Good luck.

cant sayit helped me. this morning it took a good 5minutes to connect to network. had to keep manually connecting and it kept saying cant connect. finally it connected.  i had my ipad next to ot and that connected instantly. i was really hoping it will work Smiley Sad

edit. it diconnected while trying to send my last message. took about 30 seconds to reconnect

Bubble73
Punch Card
Views: 4,878
Message 96 of 1,653

Hey. I see these 7260AC Intel cards come in two form factors, 7260HMW and 7260 NGW. Do you know which one to buy?

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 4,859
Message 97 of 1,653

Not 100% sure, but check out page number 43 ..

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/guides-and-manuals/default.page?selector=expand

What a beautiful machine inside the Yoga 2 Pro
rpr13
Punch Card
Views: 4,847
Message 98 of 1,653

NGW
tcj
Punch Card
Views: 4,834
Message 99 of 1,653

Does anyone know if the units coming from Lenovo direct have the same wifi problems?  I'm coming up on my 45-day return deadline for Best Buy so plan on returning it on the 45th day.  I was planning on keeping it and giving it to my office manager but the fixes suggested on this site did not solve all the issues.   I was supposed to receive an orange i7 three weeks ago but still waiting from Lenovo. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors