Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,802
Message 1371 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

@coip...

If you haven't tried v17.0.1.5, specifically, you may wish to. It's been completely stable on my 7260N-equipped Y2P. Others are reporting good results, also.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 2,790
Message 1372 of 1,653

If the 17.0.1.5 drivers do not work, buy this card..

http://www.mfactors.com/7260ngw-intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-802-11ac-dual-band-2x2-wi-fi-blueto...

As for the yellow issue, check this out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpSUglfO6k

Post your results

coip
SCSI Port
Views: 2,780
Message 1373 of 1,653

@sarbin wrote:

@coip...

If you haven't tried v17.0.1.5, specifically, you may wish to. It's been completely stable on my 7260N-equipped Y2P. Others are reporting good results, also.

Regards.

I've tried the 17.0.1.5. It exacerbated the problem. I get about 1-2Mbps download speeds now. At least with the generic driver from Microsoft I could get 3-4Mbps. But, again, I don't think the drive is the problem (although it certainly is part of it), as the hardware just isn't up to snuff. Why Lenovo decided to stuff in such a weak  WiFi card into one of their premiere 2013 product launches is beyond me.

mattrice
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,752
Message 1374 of 1,653

I have had enormous problem with the network on my Y2P and have made many posts to this forum, however I will gladly report the latest drivers (v17.0.1.5) appear to have finally sorted out the connectivity problems. I was away with work all last week (hotels/airports/public places) with no connectivity issues. This was with the original Intel N 7260 wireless (no AC) and with power manager 1.0.1.49 on all power modes (not just high performance).

The only thing I would suggest is you check the antenna cable on your wifi card - some conributors to this forum said that the antenna was not connected to their wifi cards!

As a total last resort (in case you have something on your machine contributing to the problem) I would also recommend a factory reset (re-install the os) using the "novo" button (automatic procedure) and re-install the latest driveres recommended by Lenovo. If this does not work I would leave my machine for repair under warranty.

I'm also going to get a new computer as my Y2P/Lenovo machine has been more trouble than it has been worth and Lenovo are way to slow to release bug fixes on their faulty drivers. This is off forum, however has anyone experienced problems with their mouse pad getting "stuck" (will not click).... this is my latest Y2P failure in a very long list of things. It seems that Lenovos sub suppliers have really let them down on this machine and Lenovo has not been fast enough to react - very damaging to a business to get a reputation for making poor quality machiens.

JubiLee
Punch Card
Views: 2,509
Message 1375 of 1,653

I completely wiped my machine and started from scratch with a OneKey Recovery of the original Lenovo image.  I installed all the Windows 8.1 updates and then installed the 17.0.1.5 wireless driver with no 3rd party antivirus, firewalls, etc. I left all the driver settings at their default values.
The result is that I have good performance at home where it was always fine on my WPA2 protected network using Verizon's latest Actiontec FiOS router.
At my work/office where I have to log in through a browser redirect, at least I can connect now, but the performance is inconsistent.  Sometimes websites will load slowly, time out or give an error like 502 bad gateway.
I tried some public places. Anthropologie pops open a browser window and requires you to accept terms of use. I was previously unable to connect there at all. Now I can connect but the performance is unstable like at my work.
The bottom line is that once I rebuilt my Win8.1 OS from scratch the 17.0.1.5 driver is at least able to connect in the places I've tried so far, but the performance is still unacceptable, especially for a higher-end laptop.
This is with the wireless N card 8086B208.
-----
@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback. It appears the wireless driver update 17.0.1.5 resolved the issue for some folks. I'd like to continue narrowing it down for those still reporting issues. Could a few people please share the following info:

Win version: 8.1 Update

Card: Intel Wireless-N 8260 (8086B208)

Driver version: 17.0.1.5

Country(s) WiFi drops in: USA

Type of Wi-Fi location (home/ public/ hotel/ work): public/work

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,486
Message 1376 of 1,653

Update to those waiting: 17.0.1.5 has had 0 limited wifi connectivity and my card+driver has undergone several stress test.

The driver I am referring to can be found on this page: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/wifi245w8164.exe

Be sure to install this version to get the right OEM ini file. Else, a generic driver (with the same version number) will be as unstable as previous drivers.

CeruleanBlue
Punch Card
Views: 2,475
Message 1377 of 1,653

Been away from this thread for several months ... way back in the 50's when I last read. Hard to fathom the sad state of this wireless connection still exists in abundance. I don't know wherein the fault lies, but ultimately it's the relationship between customer and Lenovo that suffers, and potential future sales along with it.

That said, I have single band router at home and have not experienced this problem until I started messing around with driver replacements. I did experience the problem in abundance when I took the Y2 (purchased Nov 2013) into my workplace. For now I'm stable at home with the factory N card and single band router. In the meantime, I've bought the the replacement AC wifi card (and a frigg'n screwdriver!) some months back but haven't installed it yet -- not wanting to void my warranty until it expires, which is coming up.

Seeing how there's a new driver available (17.0.1.5), wondering how best to go about an upgrade of both? Install the driver update first, then the replacement AC card, or the other AC card first? Like I mentioned, don't even have dual band at home yet, and I use a bluetooth mouse. I hate hosing things by way of upgrade when they're working. And should one as a matter of routine uninstall existing drivers before installing these new ones?

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,468
Message 1378 of 1,653

Just install the new never over the old. Always try a software fix before a hardware fix. It is cheaper and safer.

nshaneyf
What's DOS?
Views: 2,414
Message 1379 of 1,653

I have also been having problems with very slow wifi.  I bought the 7260 AC card and recently swapped out the old card.  Performance has seemed better, but I just had another slow connectivity issue this evening.

On a whim, I just disabled bluetooth, and the speeds immediately crept up.  Not sure if this is just a coincidence or if there is something behind this.

Has anybody else experienced improvement after disabling bluetooth?

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,409
Message 1380 of 1,653

There are only 2 driver that don't kill your speeds. The current one:

Update to those waiting: 17.0.1.5 has had 0 limited wifi connectivity and my card+driver has undergone several stress test.

The driver I am referring to can be found on this page: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/wifi245w8164.exe

Be sure to install this version to get the right OEM ini file. Else, a generic driver (with the same version number) will be as unstable as previous drivers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors