Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pisastero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,156
Message 70 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

Hi Folks,

I'm the original poster for this thread. I've never had one of my threads receive this many replies. Too bad it's not for something witty or interesting. Smiley Happy

Just to insert that my wifi problem was fixed with a driver update, and I had bought mine at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. So although that doesn't preclude that explanation that it's early Best Buy models having issues, it's not all. Now that the wifi issue is fixed, I LOVE my yoga. (Except the keyboard, but that's another thread).

Also, a word of support for Lenovo. They PMed me about my issue and have tried to be responsive. Let's work together to fix this, since it really is a great machine! 

Bubble73
Punch Card
Views: 4,092
Message 71 of 1,653

In Norway it is a dealer who claim they have Lenovo Yoga models with AC card. See the link:

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=797337
Called today to double check if this meant correctness and they confirmed this. Could it be that Lenovo has different models in different countries?

chuongnguyen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,086
Message 72 of 1,653

Which driver update? Do share
chuongnguyen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,052
Message 73 of 1,653

@pisastero wrote:

Hi Folks,

I'm the original poster for this thread. I've never had one of my threads receive this many replies. Too bad it's not for something witty or interesting. Smiley Happy

Just to insert that my wifi problem was fixed with a driver update, and I had bought mine at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. So although that doesn't preclude that explanation that it's early Best Buy models having issues, it's not all. Now that the wifi issue is fixed, I LOVE my yoga. (Except the keyboard, but that's another thread).

Also, a word of support for Lenovo. They PMed me about my issue and have tried to be responsive. Let's work together to fix this, since it really is a great machine! 

Which driver did you install to fix this?  give us the details man Smiley Happy

mrchandoo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,992
Message 74 of 1,653

Well the funny thing is my yoga doesnt allow me download the file aswel, it stops at 104 MB and doesnt proceed further.

the main reason for buying this laptop is to run long running scripts and if this continues for two more days i am going to return this
medeiom
HDMI
Views: 3,967
Message 75 of 1,653

On the bottom of the Yoga, there are 11 simple screws, remove them and you will notice the WiFi card on the left just above the battery. To narrow things down, install a new WiFi card and see what happens.

If people are willing to spend over $1,100 then you should have no problem spending $30 for a WiFi card. My point here again is try to narrow things down .. is it software or hardware related.
eliz_mery
Paper Tape
Views: 3,942
Message 76 of 1,653

I ordered my Yoga 2 from Best Buy (i5 version) on 10/30 and got it on 11/4. Out of the box, the internet worked just fine the whole first night! Then, as I was shutting it down, elated at how awesome the computer is, it started to install a windows update. I believe this is the update with the driver everyone is talking about, although I thought nothing of it at the time. I later, upon researching the issue, re-downloaded this driver from another device onto a USB stick to get it onto my Yoga, to find out I already had it. It says that it was released in October on this forum, but the release date for the driver really is 9/19 I think- it says in the driver details.

Anyway, I went to bed, woke up, went to my computer, and no internet. Except, it looks like I do have a connection. the computer looks like it has internet (5 bars), but when you try to use it, it doesn't work. Then, a traffic warning signal comes up over the internet bars and says "limited access". When I run the diagnostic tools it says "the default gateway is not available", and it says "Fixed" with a green check mark, but moments later, the yellow warning sign comes back.  i have tried searching the internet for solutions to this error message.

I have troubleshooted every single thing I can find on the internet (using another device obviously). We have 2 comptuers, an iphone, and a galaxy S3 in this house that work fine. Granted, both comptuers are running windows 7. I have tried turning the router on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting, disabling and renabling the router, and every wierd thing I could find on the internet including: turing the power settings in the device manager to not allow the comptuer to turn off the router, reverting to old drivers, updating to new drivers, manualling assigning my ip address, using command line to reset crap that i don't even know what it is doing. I even reset the comptuer and reinstalled windows, twice.

Seriously, though. I have tried everything, looked everywhere, and so far, nothing has worked. What is strange to me is, it worked the first night! And also, it works when I go onto the university campus nearby. It just doesn't work at my house!!! I have a netgear router from 2010, that seems to work with the other devices just fine. But, as I have tried literally everything I can find on this forum, and many others i've scoured over the past few days, I am desperate for another solution. Do I replace the router? I don't trust myself to install a new wirless card because I will break the comptuer I'm sure. Also, then I wont be able to return it to best buy. Also, I spent a freaking 1000 dollars on this amazing new comptuer, and I just want to connect to the stupid internet!!

Please help. I serioulsy don't know what to do. I don't want to send it back, but maybe I should/have to? Is mine just broken? I'm so sad!

Thanks

Spineless
Paper Tape
Views: 3,906
Message 77 of 1,653

Could you tell us where you got the replacement WiFi card?
rpr13
Punch Card
Views: 3,900
Message 78 of 1,653

Mfactors, but fair warning, not sure my wifi problems are completely solved with the new AC card.

The connectivity issues are definitely solved.

The signal strength issues also seem to be solved, but it does momentarily drop from 5 bars to one when I click on the network to see the connection speed...not sure if this is just some glitch in the signal strength indicator looking for a current reading when I click on the network, or if the signal strength is actually dropping. It only lasts ~2 seconds and otherwise seems rock solid.

The download speeds are what I'm still a bit worried about. I was getting an abysmal 1 to 2 MB/s the other night when downloading some of the 10/16 drivers from Lenovo's website. Don't know if it was the site or if bigger issues remain. Had to take off on a business trip and will be testing more over next couple days.
marcf
What's DOS?
Views: 3,891
Message 79 of 1,653

I am having the same network issues with a new yoga 2 pro.  When I'm on battery the network randomly drops out.  It will run fine for a few hours and then drop off after a couple of minutes many times right in a row.  disabling and reenablening the adapter will work once and then it requires a reboot.  I have appled every one of the updated drivers from October 16 from the Lenovo site and they don't seem to help.  If I put in a USB wifi adapter I have no issues at all.  It is not related to the home network settings or signal strength.  I have 2 iphones, 1 ipad, three other laptops, PS3, and a Wii that all connect fine and never drop connections.  I don't seem to have issues when it is plugged in.  are there power settings that could help until a fi is found?  in the long term running in a high power mode is not a great solition.

any help is appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors