Message 80 of 1,653

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problems

Earlier a user reported buying a WiFi ac card from Amazon
marcf
What's DOS?
Views: 3,137
Message 81 of 1,653

As much as that might solve the problem I don't feel that is an acceptable solution. I just spent $1000 on the computer. It really should work. It seems that a fair number of people are having this issue. If there is any information that I can provide about my specific machine that will help Lenovo or members of the forum track this issues down I would happily provided it. NB I dropped the notwork connection trying to submit this comment. I don't think that it is load related.
CeruleanBlue
Punch Card
Views: 3,109
Message 82 of 1,653

I haven't been having any problem at home so far, but have experienced a serious connection problem at work. It worked for a half a day, then completely lost the outside world connection and never got it back, though it showed a connection to the wifi router. Signal strength seemed to be varying and I'd see "Limited" appear and disappear over and over.  Funny, but Android was having the same problems with Jellybean not so long ago. It seemed to be confined to some routers, which might explain why it's so haphazrd. The driver has been updated and doesn't seem to make difference.

On a related note I just saw on a bluetooth mouse thread, I was also experiencing problems with the bluetooth mouse at the same time. THERE'S A CONFLICT HERE OF SOME KIND, methinks.

I shouldn't have to pay for a replacement wifi card, so fix this stuff please....

acvyse
Punch Card
Views: 3,102
Message 83 of 1,653

Hey guys, I just decided to write in here after following a few threads.

Everyone, just a random idea...

Try doing a winsock reset.  I am wondering if your winsock got corrupted (it is a fairly common problem)

in command prompt type:

netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

Restart and let us know what happens.

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 3,029
Message 84 of 1,653

Has anyone ever tried to rollback the drivers? I am looking at my Intel wifi driver and it's dated back from June 2013.  This may explain why I am not experiencing any wifi issues.

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 2,985
Message 85 of 1,653

Ok, I do agree that no-one shout buy a replacement WiFi card and I honestly think Lenovo will come up with a solution.

Again, my WiFi drivers date back to June 2013 and I have no issues. Can someone rollback their drivers and test out its functionality?
marcf
What's DOS?
Views: 2,957
Message 86 of 1,653

So in a fit of intolerance I took the laptop back to Best Buy today.  They only had one other Yoga 2 Pro in stock and it was the exact same model that I bought.  I checked the production dates and they match exactly.  They kindly, and without fee, exchanged the laptop.  I'm not having any issues with the network so far and I't been several hours on and off battery.  I've downloaded at least 2 GB of software and no network drops at all.  Looks to me like I had a dud of a machine.  I will post back if I have any issues with the new one.  

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

marc

philloth
Paper Tape
Views: 2,938
Message 87 of 1,653

Hi,

I don't have any wifi problem at all since 4 days and I bought it at Best Buy (I5 version),

Well, the only issue I have so far is the Yellow color that can be fixed temporally if we put the system to performance mode.

I am waiting for a fix from Lenovo but it doesn't disturb me so much.

Good luck with your Yoga Smiley Happy

xkirax
What's DOS?
Views: 2,877
Message 88 of 1,653

this is sad very very sad but I figured out how to fix the wifi connection turn off the blue tooth from the laptop bingo bango you can now you wifi ....
gpete
Paper Tape
Views: 2,859
Message 89 of 1,653

I have never been able to get a solid wifi connection with BT on. I finally called Lenovo tech support. I'm still within the available period to return to BestBuy, but that will not do me any good because no store within 200 miles has a replacement in stock. The other options are to have them ship me a new WiFi card, but they caution that if I do any damage installing it, that would not be covered under warranty - and I can't say for sure that this would fix the issue. Or send the unit in for repair with a typical 7 day turn around time. I hate this idea, but it is likely the only recourse.

P.S. We did a system restore from the D: partition - which put the drivers back to the June release. Since I had the same problems from the very beginning, I knew this wouldn't change anything - and it did not. BT enabled - cannot connect.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors