Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devi0s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,262
Message 37 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

Same issue here on first day.  Screen dead, power and keyboard backlight flashes every 5 seconds or so.  I created a new topic for it before finding this thread.  

Admin edit - multiple threads combined into this one to keep the discussion focused.

bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,123
Message 1 of 114

Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

Well I have to say that I am greatly disappointed. Recieved my Yoga 2 pro on Saturday. Yesterday it froze while I was using it, I held the power button to force a restart... but after it shutdown it never booted back up.

Now when I turn the machine on the keyboard and power lights come on, but nothing appears on the screen not even the Lenovo logo, and it doesnt appear to be doing anything. 

Ive read on other posts that people have fixed this by removing the battery pack.... however how can I do this as it appears its all internal?

I had such great hopes for this machine, but its turned out to be a joke. Makes me wish Id stuck with my macbook pro!

nahsayer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,105
Message 2 of 114

u bought from lenovo.com or bestbuy?

bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,092
Message 3 of 114

Amazon. 

Lenovo offered to replace it. However, I've now lost confidence in the brand. I had just transferred all my files across etc and luckily still have my macbook synced. 

I needed a reliable machine, and it seems that Im going to have to go back to Dell or Apple for that. Very disappointed as physically it was a great machine.

nahsayer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,076
Message 4 of 114

agree with apple is a great company and macbook is awesome too!

**bleep** luck ur next laptop wont have the same issue.

However, i still love the yoga design. hope i do not have the same quality issue as yours.Smiley Very Happy

bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,048
Message 5 of 114

Yeah its a real shame. The Yoga is a lovely looking machine, however I think its a little a head of its time. 

The Yellow display problem is a big one for a high end machine, and also there are all sorts of glitches because of the hi res display.

A real shame.

fafnir
Paper Tape
Views: 3,035
Message 6 of 114

I had to return mine too.  I managed to pick up one of the $1199 best buy ones, drove almost 4 hours to another best buy to pick it up.  Noticed that the bottom case was warped / bent. Lenovo wouldn't replace it since I bought it from best buy, and quoted almost a month to repair it and best buy no longer has the $1199 model in stock anywhere so I couldn't exchange it.  Its too bad, I liked the hardware, but the lack of support (really long repair time) has me questioning buying from Lenovo as a brand as well.  If this were my only computer and it needed to go back to them for a month, I would literally have to buy another computer to use while this was being repaired. 

bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,018
Message 7 of 114

Yep, that really sucks. It little things like this which really make or break a device. I'll probaby have to get one of the new MacBooks (same price over here in the UK)! 

On another note, I really think Microsoft dropped the ball with Windows 8... compared to 7 its like they were pruposefully making it difficult to use!

bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,987
Message 8 of 114

Hi all,

just from looking at this forum, it seems the Yoga 2 is plagued with problems, I myself have one that died after just a day of use. 

This is the first Lenovo product Ive ever bought, is this usual for them? Does it usually get fixed with firmware upgrades etc?

A real shame, lovely looking and feeling product, but seems like theyve cut corners.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; Yoga 2 - why so many problems?

kermitlefrog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,870
Message 9 of 114

Hi everybody. I own the Yoga 2 Pro for exactly 8 hours now.

It's my first Lenovo product and probably also the last.

I loved that thing until 4 hours ago the screen lost its Touch functionality.

After a reboot everything went back to normal.

But then 2 hours ago it crashed and never came back again.

Tried keeping the power button pushed and all, but no reaction.

The keyboard and button lights all turn on but the screen stays dark.

Any advice other than returning it tomorrow?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors