Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,686
Message 10 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

Afraid not. It appears there are some serious quality issues with this device. I returned mine the other day, but due to a shortage they could not replace it and instead are issuing a refund. 

I'm now going to buy a Macbook Pro with retina, and then use basecamp to install Windows 7 (much better than win 8). Its the only way I can think of getting reliable hardware along with a top OS (dont like Mac OS).

Back to Lenovo, a real shame, its the first time I bought hardware that wasnt Dell or Apple and now I know why! 

philloth
Paper Tape
Views: 3,400
Message 11 of 114

Well, I am very happy with mine since 4 days...

I got the I5 from Best Buy and it is working perfectly.

This is my third Lenovo PC, what I can say is that in term of quality, they are much better than the other brand like HP or DELL.

I'm an IT professional and I am using it extensively.

It is pity to have such unlucky experience and I hope mine will continue to work fine Smiley Happy

good luck.

hirenshah86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,334
Message 12 of 114

I have an issue when turning on the laptop.  I press the power button and the Lenovo splash screen comes up but then the laptop just turns off.  It often takes 5-10 attempts before it successfully boots.

mitchellvii
HDMI
Views: 3,313
Message 13 of 114

Hmm, over the past week I have now owned 2 Y2P's.  The first was returned to due to a small (and quite insignificant) chip in the back coating which bugged me nonetheless.

Both devices worked flawlessly.  No screen bleed, no wifi drops, no dead pixels, no loud fans.

Sadly, as with anything you will have lemons.  The fact the web is not afire with thousands of reports of these leads me to believe these issues are not systemic but just bad luck.

philloth
Paper Tape
Views: 3,309
Message 14 of 114

Agreed, I have mine working totaly fine for 2 weeks now,

I love this PC Smiley Happy

Highlighted
alexcannas
Punch Card
Views: 5,209
Message 15 of 114

Brand new Yoga 2 Pro DOES NOT START

Hi I just got my new Yoga 2 Pro from amazon.de couple of hours ago.  After starting the laptop, it worked fine for an hour or so and suddenly shut down on its own.  Since then it keeps power cycling but NO DISPLAY is shown.  I removed it from the socket, hard-resetted (pressing the power button for 8+ seconds) it but nothing happens.  It keeps power cycling!!!  Please help this is BRAND NEW only 2 hours old!!

PS:  For the time it was working, Windows did give me a BSOD about Memory Management.  I suspect this laptop has faulty memory from the factory.  I have built numerous computers in the past and the only time i encountered something similar was with faulty memory modules (and actually brand new).  They just don't test the parts as they used to Smiley Sad

alexcannas
Punch Card
Views: 5,169
Message 16 of 114

Re: Brand new Yoga 2 Pro DOES NOT START

No replies huh?  I guess I will just send it back and buy something else.  Never thought a computer 2 hours old would just die on me like that. ... Smiley Sad  1500+€ (512GB model) should have bought me something better.  

XMB
Punch Card
Views: 5,149
Message 17 of 114

Any mass produced item can fail. It may even be due to transport damage (dislodged memory module etc.).

At least Amazons returns are easy and I am sure a replacement will be fine.

alexcannas
Punch Card
Views: 5,133
Message 18 of 114

I guess you are right. It is probably better that it happenned on day 1 rather 1 year down the road...

brewski
Paper Tape
Views: 5,084
Message 19 of 114

I was on day 4 and this happened.

All was working great, then when I opened the lid nothing happened.

The normal clicks of the mouse also did nothing.

I then pressed the power button and the keyboard backlight flashes on then off about every 5 seconds...and nothing else.

Have to hold power button for 8+ second to stop the craziness.

Really dig the device, so replacing it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors