cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aggx
Paper Tape
Views: 426
Message 111 of 114

Yoga 2 Pro dead after warranty expires! Nice!

My Yoga 2 Pro just up and died last night.  I was in the middle of some work and everthing went dark without warning.  Seems very much hardware related.  Having difficutly contacting Lenovo to figure out what my options are.  I would rather just pull the harddrive and transfer to a new computer.  The model has been a real lemon for me.  Although this has been my first real catastrophe, the wireless adapter has been really unreliable every since my first system update.  Got a little better with Windows 10 switch, but now this!

gsall
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 112 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

I made it just past the one year warranty expiration date. I guess this is acceptabale to them and as long as it lasted a year it's ok to sell poor quality products. I don't have the kind of money where I can afford to buy a new laptop every years.

Way to go Lenovo, you should be proud.

aggx
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 113 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead just as the warranty expires!

I did finally find a fix and got ny Yoga 2 back in business.  Involves unplugging the charger, opening the back, unplugging the battery then plugging it back in and then the charger.  Hard to believe it worked, but it did.  The screen will from time to time still flcker badly, but it hasn't just up and quit in a few weeks.  It would appear to be some glitch in the power management system.  Now the problem that has not gone away is the wireless connectivity issue...  Buyers beware of the Yoga Lemons!

Csinki
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 114 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

I've just encountered the same problem it seems. Windows won't boot. Flashing keyboard as if there are attempts at windows startup but they keep failing. When I tried the fixes i.e remove the battery and CMOS battery plugs I did get windows to boot. But it was very quickly followed by a BSOD and I was back to a black screen, flashing keyboard and white power light.  Does anyone have any advice regarding accessing the HDD to backup my files.  My laptop is no longer under warranty. Of those who sent it back to Lenovo for repair, what was the typical cost? And did you lose the contents of your HDD?

Thanks

Craig

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors