Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Englastad
What's DOS?
Views: 3,925
Message 20 of 114

Re: Brand new Yoga 2 Pro DOES NOT START

I have had mine for about three days and just now it suddenly shut down. The screen turned black and it did not respond to any key presses. I have tried to push the power button and to plug in the power cord but nothing makes it start. I have the I7, 8gb, 256gb version bought from Best Buy.

Since I now read that I am not alone having this problem I am not sure I will want to exchange it to another one in case this occurs again in the future.

What would you guys suggest? This is my first experience with Lenovo.

Englastad
What's DOS?
Views: 2,129
Message 21 of 114

Re: Yoga 2 Pro dead after 1 day!

I have had my Yoga 2 Pro, I7, 8gb, 256 gb model from Best Buy for just a few days. Suddenly the computer shut down, the screen went dark and nothing could wake it up. Pressing the power button did nothing. I will have to bring it back to the store but I do not know if I should exchange it to the same model or stay away from this laptop and get something else more relible.

What are your thoughts about it?
bergamot
Paper Tape
Views: 2,123
Message 22 of 114

I would get a different laptop. For me I need it to be reliable, I cant afford a machine that just dies for no reason. I would go with a Mac or another more reliable PC (Sony, etc), but not a Lenovo. Just my opinion but I think they cut corners with the quality of this device, and as a result some work fine, and others are horrible. For a high end machine thats unacceptable.

Englastad
What's DOS?
Views: 2,090
Message 23 of 114

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is hard to find a laptop with similar specs at that price but I am thinking about switching to the Yoga 11s with hopes that this machine will be better built.

Others I am considering are the Samsung Ativ book 9 plus, the Sony Vaio pro 13 and the Asus UX301 and the Dell XPS 12.

Unfortunately the Asus does not seem to be found to purchase anywhere in a physical store.

Has any simimar problem as with the Yoga 2 pro been reported with the Yoga 11s?
umpi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,554
Message 24 of 114

brand new Yoga 2 Pro....dead in 36 hrs!

Received it about 36 hrs ago.

Just installed some regular stuff (firefox, office...), surfed the internet and streamed videos...all fine.

Then the trackpad froze and I pushed the power button for 8+ sec. Then I attempted to reboot the machine but nothing happened: the screen stays black and not even the Lenovo logo gets displayed. I also pressed the OneKey recovery button but nothing happens (the backlit keyboard flashes but that's it...).

basically this has already been described but Lenovo didn't address previous posts, such as

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Brand-new-Yoga-2-Pro-DOES-NOT-START/td-p/...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-dead-after-1-day/td-p/1299039

Massively disapponted. And of course no phone support during the weekend (at Swedish Lenovo), but I guess given the price I paid it's just better to return it asap. Which I will do on Monday.

sjahanmi
Token Ring
Views: 2,504
Message 25 of 114

Re: brand new Yoga 2 Pro....dead in 36 hrs!

wow
tanmayn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,811
Message 26 of 114

Hello Englastad OR alexcannas,

Were you able to resolve the NOT STARTING issue with your Yoga 2 Pro??

I bought my Yoga 2 from Best Buy and have the same issue after 1 day of use - think I got a LEMON.

But, they've stopped making the i7-4500U, 8G RAM, 256GB SSD version or it at least appears UNAVAILABLE everywhere - Lenovo.com, BestBuy etc.

So if I do return mine to best Buy, I'm afraid I won't get another one Smiley Sad

I really liked the Yoga 2 Pro during the 1 day I had with it before it died.

What woud you suggest:

option 1) is to ship it back to Lenovo Service for repair.

option 2) return it to Best Buy - But not sure if i'll ever get another one at the dicounted price.

PLEASE HELP!!

Englastad
What's DOS?
Views: 3,804
Message 27 of 114

I returned mine and bought the yoga 11s instead a few days later. I've had mine for a couple of days now without it shutting down. Maybe that could be an alternative.
umpi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,787
Message 28 of 114

I returned it to Lenovo (Swedish branch), as the IT helpdesk said there was not much I could do myself, as it was impossible to even access the BIOS.

No I would never ask for a repair. Something as new should be replaced, not repaired. And I am sure that if you return it soon any serious company should replace it at zero cost (I mean even if the price has increased in the meantime they should never claim for the price difference). Yeah we both got lemons, but in the short time I used it I realised that a 13.3" is just too small for me, being used to a 15". It's just too hard for my eyes to work on a smaller screen, especially with such a high resolution. So I am somehow happy for having an excuse to return it.

Hope this helps.

alexcannas
Punch Card
Views: 3,761
Message 29 of 114

I returned back mine as well. Amazon sent me a new one but have not been able to test it as of yet...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors