Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,068
Message 10 of 65

Re: Yoga 2 Pro screen flicker

Thanks for your tips. Which driver version did you install? The original one which comes with the yoga (15.33.3.64.3304) does not have this option. I downloaded an updated version from Intel (15.33.8.64.3345) weeks ago, which has this option available. I could not simply install it by using setup, because it said something like "your computer is not compatible with this version". But i could install it by hand using the "have disk" method, and it worked without any problems. But unfortunately it did not stop the flickering, even on 48hz refresh rate - which i tried yesterday.

alexcannas
Punch Card
Views: 1,932
Message 11 of 65

I am on 3379. You are right you need to install the intel drivers manually as the installer doesn't support the Y2P.

That's sad to hear... Which mode are you in Energy Manager? I usually leave it in Cinema Mode sometimes in Rocket mode. Perhaps it is that?
seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,921
Message 12 of 65

I tried all modes and I get the least flickering when using the "face" on the left (I have a german windows, I don't now how it is called in an english windows). The flickering gets stronger in cinema mode and is worst in rocket mode. So it has probably something to do with the processor speed throttling and/or voltage. I will try the newer 3379 driver later, and update this thread, if something changes. 

This is btw. a common problem with the Intel hd graphics, if you google for "Intel hd graphics flickering" you get a lot of results, some solved the issue by replacing the ram with one from a different manufacturer, which is obviously not an option for the yoga.

Thanks for your help, i made so many changes in the energy saving settings, always thinking the high performance modes would work better, I did not realize that this "not so high performance" mode works best. I had no flickering in the last 10 minutes (with power adapter plugged in, because my battery is empty). I hope that stays this way, but I fear it won't.

Even if it does, this is definitely an issue which has to be resolved by Lenovo. It cannot be true that you can use only one specific setting which works, tweaking several options and installing an "unsupported" driver to get a flawlessly working machine - not for this price, and not achievable for the average user.  

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,874
Message 13 of 65

I tried all drivers with all different energy manager modes. Still flickering. This is probably not a driver issue. There seems to be something wrong with the power supply of the display. I will contact Lenovo support concerning this.

tcj
Punch Card
Views: 1,867
Message 14 of 65

Please keep us updated on your progress.  A flickering screen is not something anyone can or should get used to.  I'd hate to send yet another unit back to Lenovo but it's starting to look like that's the only option. 

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,830
Message 15 of 65

Talked to the support today and they told me to send it back for repair. I will do as soon as i've backuped my stuff. No further info from them. I will keep you posted about the progress.

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,733
Message 16 of 65

Got my laptop back today. They confirmed that the display was flickering and changed it. Guess what! Still flickering. Talked to the support again, they recommended my to send it in again. I don't think that this will help either, but i only will get a new one or my money back, if they can't fix it 3 times. I will do this and take the money after the third failed try, because this is obviously not fixable.Very frustrating.

torious
Punch Card
Views: 1,710
Message 17 of 65

I know this is probably the 100th time that people asked about this, but is there any working fix for the flickering screen on the Yoga 2 Pro? I already tried disabling adaptive brightness in both places just like many other forums suggested, but that didn't really help. I sent my laptop in for repair already but just got the same thing back. This is very frustrating and bad for the eyes! Most likely, I think this is a driver problem (just like the yellows) that lenovo can easily fix with an update. Someone please offer some more solutions to fixing this issue! Thanks!

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

viks01
What's DOS?
Views: 1,660
Message 18 of 65

Wow, that's horrible. So Lenovo coudn't fix this as well when you sent this $1000+ laptop to them? I am having exact same issues but can not even return the laptop to BestBuy as 30 days have passed since purchase.

defazn
What's DOS?
Views: 1,326
Message 19 of 65

Hey Guys,

My Yoga 2 Pro was bought online fromo their outlet/refurbished deal. I am having this annoying flicker issue. However, I just found this thread and I disabled the refresh setting in intel HD power settings...so I will report back to you guys if I get the flicker again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors