Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,186
Message 31 of 65

Re: Yoga 2 Pro screen flicker

Question: do you use sleep/hibernate a lot? If so, try a fresh shutdown/reboot. I know the flickering is more pronounced when you sleep the computer a lot. I too suffer from screen flickering on my Yoga but, not as bad as yours.

My old Ideapad on 8.1 however, does the same thing your computer does when it is hibernated or put to sleep. However, not on shutdown.

Grilko
Paper Tape
Views: 1,172
Message 32 of 65

No I dont use sleep or hibernate. The notebook is vey fast so I always shut it down. 

I have i7 8Gb and 256 SSD

chris98891
Paper Tape
Views: 1,147
Message 33 of 65

My Y2P won't turn on currently, but when it did, it was getting some very severe screen flicker. i7/8gb/256gb. Not all that bad in brightness above 70% but anything lower and it got horrible.

EugP
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,089
Message 34 of 65

I acknowledge the flickering problem on low brightness levels EXISTS.

Yoga 2 Pro i3, produced in Dec 2013. Bought yesterday. From my first hour of experience with an overall beautiful apparatus the problem is noticeable. After trying all the recommendations (installing new Intel driver, turning off adaptive brightness, turning on maximum performance etc) - flickering persists (at least on low brightness level).

Need a firmware update or fix. Please do.

Craig00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,061
Message 35 of 65

Screen flicker continues. Irrespective of the suggestions -

-Turn off ALS - auto light sensor

- Adjust brightness to 100% for both battery and AC power

- Adjust Intel Graphics Properties battery "save power" settings to "off"

- Windows Power settings to "custom plan" advanced power to  max brightness = 100%

(thats a lot of "featyres" that are being disabled.)

The screen still "steps up" in brightness 3-8 times when opening each window. So noticible infact, I can video it.

Feel free to step in anytime Lenovo...

poguesquadron
Punch Card
Views: 980
Message 36 of 65

Put me in the camp that can't seem to get rid of the screen flickering at low brightness. Could it just be a hardware issue?

There is an Intel driver but I can't download it. Even after uninstalling my drivers I can't seem to update to the latest ones on Intel's site (i think the date is 3/11/14). Am I doing something wrong?

SamPhl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 934
Message 37 of 65

Same thing happening on my machine too. Bought my manufacturer refurbished Y2P i5, less than 4 weeks ago and sure enough I now start seeing this issue. I did the driver update, disabled the auto brightness feature from all 3 locations (yeah go figure) and I am running at over 80% brightness. But still seeing this issue of screen flickering and blanking out. I can live with that mustard yellow color but this is pathetic. 

I would have surely returned this piece of dump if I had seen this issue within the first 2 weeks (the store return period). 

Any by the looks of all the frustration from people over the internet, it doesn't look like Lenovo has any fixes for this.

poguesquadron
Punch Card
Views: 926
Message 38 of 65

Hmm. I only seem to have flickering when I'm either the lowest brightness, or the next to lowest brightness. It kind of just flickers once every second.

Craig00
Paper Tape
Views: 924
Message 39 of 65

Pretty sad that a company that wants to be a "global leader" can't address this problem on a $1700 laptop. A few months and other manufacturers will introduce a competitive product and we can all go elsewhere...

I have still had no response or solution to repeated requests for a fix.

clarybear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 851
Message 40 of 65

This is SO disappointing.  

For me: I have turned off auto brightness.  I get flickers no matter what amount of dimness or brightness I am using, and there seems to be no regularity of how often it happens or what I am doing.  In fact, it tends to happen in clusters.  This has been happening since day 1 of owning the laptop, 3 months ago.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors