Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZeeMag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,823
Message 41 of 65

Re: Yoga 2 Pro screen flicker

Lenovo Management where are you and what are you doing?

Would you listen to all these complaints and fix the screen flickering problem..

Its been over 6 months since the product is out. why are you showing such a lame and ignorant behaviour..

It is your own community forum... if you don't listen to us here.. what else is expected of us.. that could bring your attention to this on-going issue.

Room moderators do not do anything but keep moving the forums topics about, which has stopped me getting the updates from the users who are having the same screen flickering.

Simple is that guys we have bought a new product and we do not need to tweak anything to fix anything.

The product should work just fine out of the box as other products do and they are meant to.

This is just unacceptable of a premium product and Lenovo is not providing any solution to this issue which is severely frustrating and ill-mannered.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,808
Message 42 of 65

Moderator comment: A post contravening the Community Rules was removed - campaigning.

"...it is not acceptable to use this forum in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members en mass, to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo."

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,745
Message 43 of 65

Hey guys, censoring posts of upset customers will not solve this issue!!

Got my machine back from repair yesterday (2nd time). They replaced the screen, motherboard and coax. Still flickering. This flaw seems not to be fixable.It is definitely not a driver related problem - the last time i got it back was the flickering was stronger. I will give them a third chance to fix it and then i will hopefully get my money back.

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,738
Message 44 of 65

I talked to the support again. Contrary to my first call, they told me that i will never get a refund from them. The guy at the phone told me, that they will try to repair it again and again and again until my warranty is over. Even if they can't fix it. This is what i call a first class customer support. I have contacted Amazon again, and will hopefully get a refund from them instead.

ZeeMag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,718
Message 45 of 65

Its all very disturbing and annoying. Why can't they just endeavor to fix the problem. Why are they selling faulty units. Room moderators if you are listening and can acknowledge these problems and address them to Lenovo it would be much appreciated, as moving messages from one topic to the other or censor the posts will not make a difference. So please convey it to Lenovo to fix it, people like the product as far as I know but you are killing your own customer base.
unitis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,654
Message 46 of 65

I've just got my yoga 2 pro from repair (I had to send it from Poland to Germany). For me they also replaced the LCD screen, motherboard and coax. It looks this is what they do when customers complain on screen flickering. In addition they updated bios and reinstalled Windows. Unfortunately it didn't help at all so they use solution which gives no effect. I wonder why they send laptop back to customers if problem is not fixed.

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,612
Message 47 of 65

I have sent the product back to Amazon and they told me, that i'll get a refund! Yeah!!

I am not quite sure who is to blame for the flickering issues since many other models from other manufacturers have the same problem (including the surface pro 1 and 2 and the dell Dell XPS 12). Most of them use the some kind of Intel hd chipset, but there are also reports from flickering displays using Nvidia cards.

The cause of the flickering is possibly that almost all manufacturers nowadays use pulse width modulation (pwm), which is a cheap way to reduce brightness. This simplified means that the brightness is not really reduced, instead the backlight is switched on and off for a short period of time, making your brain think that it is darker. In theory you should not notice this, because the switching frequency is very high. Perhaps in this case the switching frequency is out of sync with the screen refresh and perhaps not everybody can see it - this could be the reason why not everybody complains about it. But it doesn't matter - a lot of people see it and the manufacturers should act accordingly.

So the only thing i am sure i can blame Lenovo for is how they handle this matter - by ignoring it - and that is the reason for me to never buy a Lenovo again.

Craig00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,424
Message 48 of 65

Screen flicker issues - wow what a response to another "customer" ... it's not acceptable to complain about a problem with therr product? Interesting business strategy. So when people ask me  "How do you like your Lenovo/" I respond "Would be great if it worked correctly, look elswhere."  

"...it is not acceptable to use this forum in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members en mass, to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo."

clarybear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,367
Message 49 of 65

This is more of a work-around than a fix, as it eliminates any ability to use adaptive brightness... but at least no more flickering (going on 3+ months!).

Here it is: manually disabled "adaptive brightness," in deep settings (not easy to navigate on 8.1).

1. First step

"right swipe">Settings>Change PC settings>Power and sleep>Adjust my screen brightness automatically>No

2. Second step

"right click on the windows icon">Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Change Plan Settings>Change advanced power settings>Display>Enable Adaptive Brightness>Off

3. Remember

If you EVER enter the "Power and sleep" setting ("right swipe">Settings>Change PC settings>Power and sleep), you will have to turn off "Enable Adaptive Brightness" in the deep settings AGAIN.  It seems to automatically turns itself back on.

These two steps have been sufficient for me, but someone else (splus) said that you'll need to shut off auto brightness in 3 places to be thorough:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-Auto-brightness-feature-and-ho...

seppyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,365
Message 50 of 65

Switching adaptive brightness off does not solve the flickering issue
when the brightness is set low (at least not for me). This will only fix
the annoying "changing the brightness too often" issue. The "other"
flickering occurs many times a second.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors