Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarybear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,515
Message 60 of 191

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

I chose not to return, because I had seen how so many other people could not successfully return theirs.  Apparently, this is a warranty problem, so you get routed to Lenovo's service department, who keeps your laptop for a month and then sends it back to you with nothing fixed.  It is as though someone opens it up, says, "nothing's wrong here" and mails it back.

A new development on my particular laptop's sound: opening and closing the lid.  I will be watching a tv show through the use of the speakers (not headphones), and sound will shut off without any warning (presumably, the laptop sends the sound to the 3.5mm jack even though nothing has been plugged in).  I just close my lid a little bit, and the sound comes back on.  That is obviously a hardware problem.  Lenovo has told people for months that it is a software issue, and that's why they're not responsible (it's supposed to be RealTek's fault).  Well, Lenovo is clearly avoiding the fact that they really screwed the pooch on this one.  I also wouldn't be able to recommend a Lenovo to any of my loved ones in clear conscience.

waynehastings
Paper Tape
Views: 1,689
Message 61 of 191

Back in January I posted: "Someone else suggested uninstalling the Realtek driver, so that is what I did just now. The uninstall asked to reboot, and now my sound is working again without having to adjust any other settings."

If you're still having problems with the sound, have you tried uninstalling the Realtek driver? I have had no problems at all since then. The simplest solutions are usually the best...

thefarelkid
Punch Card
Views: 1,681
Message 62 of 191

Yes.  I have already uninstalled the driver, and it did not work for me.  I've tried everything suggested on this forum with the exception of electrical contact cleaner.  I may do that soon but I would have to buy some cleaner first.

fab333
Paper Tape
Views: 1,592
Message 63 of 191

same here. Tried everything, including the contact cleaner which I bought earlier today. didn't help. Only option left would be to find a switch in the register to manually switch the speaker / headphone... I have looked a little bit into this but it's far beyond my circle of competence so gave up quickly. 

As mentioned before, others seem to have been successfull with Regedit on different laptops... Any Guru around here willing to give it a try?

Ex. :  http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps-studio-xps/622035-disabling-headphone-jack-detection-2.html

Thanks,

fab333
Paper Tape
Views: 1,532
Message 64 of 191

breaking news... after having desperatly tried everything, I managed to get my speakers to work again: I was playing with a small stick (a small piece of paper rolled tightly)  inside the jack plug ; it triggered something and now the speakers seem fairly stable... more stable than ever before (I had managed to get them to work before by tapping, pressing, folding ... but always temporarily). Would  the switch be somehow mechanical?

FYI, I also changed a registry entry : enabledynamicdevices, which I set to zero (not sure that had any incidence at all - it didn't have any material impact before the the stick operation).

Wasted so much time on this and am so relieved now... hope it will last!! Will keep you posted if it fails again... Good luck with yours. 

fab333
Paper Tape
Views: 1,474
Message 65 of 191

hmm... it worked really well for 2 days... the pb is back now and the trick doesn't work anymore. Back to square 1
maricat
What's DOS?
Views: 1,206
Message 66 of 191

We purchased an Yoga 2 6 months ago, and we're experiencing the same issue where the headset jack is always "on" and we can't get the speakers to play. Tried the plugging in/out, and drivers. We're stuck w/ the headsets for now, at least we have that for sound. 

We can still use bluetooth as well. But it would be nice to not have to have an external speaker for what we paid for this. Otherwise, we're happy with the product. 

If there's a fix, or recall, I'll be waiting. Entering this because the Lenovo rep said there weren't that many reports.

walkernewberg
What's DOS?
Views: 1,202
Message 67 of 191

Send it back to Lenova. They can fix this "none existent problem". However
I would stop buying their products. A company in denial about issues,
unwilling to just come out and say "Its a bug" is going to go downhill fast.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,190
Message 68 of 191

If anyone is desperate to disable the headphone jack to get the external speakers working, try this:

Press Start > Run > Type regedit > Choose My Computer > from menu select edit > find > Search for "ForceDisableJD" and press find. > once found change the value from 0 to 1. > restart

Got the above edit from another site. If it works without restart, I can make a hotkey to enable/disable the headphone jack.
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,186
Message 69 of 191

Also what about applying electrical lubrication gel inside the port? Maybe the little ball that got stuck can get unstuck....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors