4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 191 of 196

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

2017-04-20, 18:13 PM

This solution worked for me perfectly!!

One thing to add,

make sure to use a desktop music player (I used Microsoft's Groove Music Player). The solution did not work when I tried to use a youtube video in Google Chrome for my sound source.

wrote:

I've had all the problems mentioned in the thread and then some. I tried all proposed solutions (pluggin/unplugging the jack, muting/unmuting, installing latest realtek drivers, playing with settings, etc.) to no avail.

Earlier today, I had sound on one channel of the earphones, with still white noise, and no sound on the speakers when the earphones jack was unplugged.

I uninstalled Realtek drivers (through Windows install/uninstall software), which solved the white noise issue, but not the speakers issue.

Then, while the jack was in, and some sound playing, I closed the laptop's lid, putting the computer in sleep mode, removed the jack and reopened the lid. Internal speaker sound came back.

This clearly points out to some software issue, not dealing correctly with a combination of events: jack put in/out while the computer is in sleep mode. I've had the issue before with the same type of combination of events, where the earphones would not produce any sound, and it was usually solved by muting/unmuting while the earphones jack was plugged.

Now, to fix the wireless adapter instabilty issues... I still love my Y2Pro, despite all its small glitches.

I hope this helps.

Options

4194 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38525 Signins

577336 Page Views

• Views: 577336
  • Message 192 of 196

2017-04-20, 18:08 PM

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

1 Posts

07-23-2017

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 193 of 196

2017-07-23, 14:16 PM

Solution:

I am sure you all have tried everything. Basically its a hardware issue and to solve it is very easy BUT I HAVE A TWIST.

I am sure by now you must have read the IN - OUT of the wire in the headphone socket, but there is right way to do it.. as I had read it but thought it won't work as no one had given how exactly it happened!!

Step 1. Play something on your Lenovo Yoga 2

Step 2. Connect a head phone and see if you can hear something, If you can ..

Step 3. Pull out the cable - Now ideally you should hear something but as you can not ..we are there at the problem

Step 4. Now push the cable about HALF THE WAY IN - NOT FULL and keep doing that . This way it is EASIER AND FASTER to do MANY TIMES.  You might also hear a little buzzing type sound but its oke.

Now carefully also see when you get : NOTIFICATION THAT YOU HAVE PLUGGED OUT HEADPHONE or HEAR SOUND FROM SPEAKER.

(I had done this In Out trick earlier also put it was very time consuming to put it all the way in and then all the way out... and then it didn't work also!!)

I had even done a reset of windows 10 and was about to do hard reset to take back my yoga 2 to windows 8.1 - the original factory Reset - but then i read that someone who had done it but still it didn't work .. so i thought i'll wait a little more and then do it... But Luckly I found THIS SOLUTION!!

I Love the way every one shares their solutions!! Keep it up everyone!

THIS WORKED!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! 

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2017

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 194 of 196

2017-09-16, 15:46 PM
  • keep the your mouth dry
  • play music
  • blow only air into the audio jack strongly
  • keep trying until you can hear music

:smileysurprised:

Options

1 Posts

12-12-2017

BR

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 195 of 196

2017-12-12, 16:23 PM

Very GOOD!!!!

It's a mechanical  problem. unbelievable.

Thanks guy.

Removed implied profanity, keep it clean here.

Options

2 Posts

03-21-2018

HK

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 196 of 196

2018-03-21, 2:11 AM

Hi guys,

I cleaned the headphone jack by detaching the back cover and took out the small broad.  Sprayed the jack with more electronic parts cleaner inside and outside and it now worked like a charm

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete