Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no_sound
What's DOS?
Views: 5,942
Message 121 of 191

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

I've been checking up on this forums for months for a solution.  So disappointing.  It's a sound driver issue for me.  If I load Ubuntu via a USB thumb drive, the sound works fine.  Ubuntu can tell if there's a plug in the audio jack or not, every single time without fail.  If I load up Windows 8.1, it cannot or doesn't even check if a plug is inserted. 

I've tried various sound drivers.  I even tried restoring to factory settings, but that doesn't undo the sound driver.  I don't want to do a clean install.

AlfredAndrew
What's DOS?
Views: 5,775
Message 122 of 191

My wife's Y2P had this problem after using the headphones. After rebooting and reinstalling the drivers did not help I started looking online. The problem was that the laptop still thought that the headphones were in after being taken out. I started putting the headphones in and taking them out repeatedly until I got the message that "an audio device has been removed from the audio jack". Now everything works fine, although we are scared to use the headphones in the future.

Thought I would share this as I see a lot of people have the same issue. If taking the headphones in and out does not work I've also seen suggestions to use a toothpick to unjack the sensing mechanism, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work.

FATGROW
What's DOS?
Views: 5,719
Message 123 of 191

Me too...when is the fix? No sound for the pst 7 days...it drives me mad.

the plug/unplug technique doesn't seem to work on my speakers!

jmeadows7
Paper Tape
Views: 5,576
Message 124 of 191

I purchased my Lenovo Pro 2 yesterday and began setting it up in my study.  Everything worked fine - old logitech wireless kb and mouse, new acer touchscreen monitor, etc.  However, while the sound comes through the monitor, I would prefer it to come through my speakers.  The system sounds come through the speakers but youtube, music, itunes, etc all come through the monitor and not the external speakers.  The speakers are normal mini-port connector and not usb.  Is it something I have connected incorrectly?  I can't imagine since the system sounds come through the speakers and they show up through the sound manager and test correctly.   Or is it like the thread indicates that a fix may be in the works?

Never mind - solved it today - guess I was just tired yesterday.  After installing the new drivers as suggested earlier in this thread - I set the speakers to be the default sound option - they worked!  Still getting used to Win 8.1.

Thanks

lightbeverage
What's DOS?
Views: 5,501
Message 125 of 191

I am also experiencing this problem and would like to be notified when a solution is available.

ScottYogaP2
What's DOS?
Views: 5,496
Message 126 of 191

My laptop senses when the headphones are removed and the speakers work good.  However,  audio only plays from the left side of any headset I plug in.  I have found that if I pinch the side of the computer where the headphone jack is that the audio will sometimes play in the right side as well.  So I believe I am experiencing a hardware problem.  I have a couple months left on my waranty what should I do?

Also an offtopic question... does anyone else notice that when they are using the Yp2 at night that light protrudes from the edges of the screen?

nickdegel
Paper Tape
Views: 5,374
Message 127 of 191

Where is this update we were supposed to receive on this issue in mid January? It's almost February. With my career it is mandatory that I can hear what is going on in video conferencing. As a result of this sound issue (neither the speakers nor the headphone jack work) I've essentially invested in a $900 paperweight.

Highlighted
Rubenkraken
What's DOS?
Views: 5,357
Message 128 of 191

My warranty is up here in about a week. Promised mid-january update has elapsed. Should I file a claim for this?
FATGROW
What's DOS?
Views: 5,331
Message 129 of 191

Any news from Lenovo support???

phme
Paper Tape
Views: 5,265
Message 130 of 191

I've had all the problems mentioned in the thread and then some. I tried all proposed solutions (pluggin/unplugging the jack, muting/unmuting, installing latest realtek drivers, playing with settings, etc.) to no avail.

Earlier today, I had sound on one channel of the earphones, with still white noise, and no sound on the speakers when the earphones jack was unplugged.

I uninstalled Realtek drivers (through Windows install/uninstall software), which solved the white noise issue, but not the speakers issue.

Then, while the jack was in, and some sound playing, I closed the laptop's lid, putting the computer in sleep mode, removed the jack and reopened the lid. Internal speaker sound came back.

This clearly points out to some software issue, not dealing correctly with a combination of events: jack put in/out while the computer is in sleep mode. I've had the issue before with the same type of combination of events, where the earphones would not produce any sound, and it was usually solved by muting/unmuting while the earphones jack was plugged.

Now, to fix the wireless adapter instabilty issues... I still love my Y2Pro, despite all its small glitches.

I hope this helps.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors