Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmedtanveer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,474
Message 141 of 191

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

recently i had the same problem of no audio from the speakers while the head phones were working properly. i did tricks to recover. and before going to uninstall the realtek audio drivers or assuming it some hardware problem i just run a software called " adw cleaner" which cleared all of the malwares from my Y2P. and now the audio issue is resolved. i think it works.

Boksida
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,453
Message 142 of 191

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately it did not work for me. I am now trying to find out what US based Secret Society Amy belongs to. Maybe if I can get the secret handshake the path to the service tip will be illuminated.
Boksida
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,387
Message 143 of 191

If I solemnly promise not to help anybody else, can you send me the Secret Service Tip by private message? I need to use my computer.

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

The investigation into these reports has concluded.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to provide feedback and work with me as I investigated. My sincerest thanks to Maricat for allowing me to borrow her Yoga 2 Pro as a customer sample.

If you have updated your audio drivers and checked your settings yet the headphones or speakers on your Yoga 2 Pro is intermittantly not producing audio, please contact Lenovo Service for support. A Service Tip has been released as a solution.

Thank you,

ahmedtanveer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,381
Message 144 of 191

thanx for your advise. I already had contacted the lenovo for suport. they have given me the advise to uninstall the real tech driver to solve the problem of audio from speakers. yet I have not tried it but sooner going to have. hope it will  recover this issue
Boksida
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,363
Message 145 of 191

Thanks again - it looks like we are on own as far as Lenovo are concerned. I uninstalled the RealTek driver and the machine automatically loaded a Microsoft driver on restart. Unfortunately the problem is still the same - plugging in with earphones will work all the time but output on speakers is intermittent, at best.

It appears Amy may be prone to exaggeration regarding a solution being found.

Schach
What's DOS?
Views: 3,324
Message 146 of 191

I have same problem with my Yoga 2 - one month old - speakers stopped after first use of Jack.See first reports coming in for Yoga 3 as well.. This tread is pretty old now and it seems their are no solutions coming from Lenovo Amy, I think you should liink to the solution tip you mentioned. As soon as possible please !?  

Former Employee
Views: 3,306
Message 147 of 191

The solution is not-software related.

While I cannot link to the Service Tip, I encourage you to contact Lenovo Service for support and tell them that a Service Tip has been released. Then request that a case be opened.

Thank you,

ahmedtanveer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,304
Message 148 of 191

hi i have contact to lenovo support and they advised me to uninstall the sound driver. I did that trick and the problem is solved now.
nickdegel
Paper Tape
Views: 3,256
Message 149 of 191

Amy, I don't think you understand what we're asking you so I'll try to make
it clear: just tell us the solution. We all have the same problem in this
thread. Instead of making everyone go through a number of unnecessary
steps, just post the solution to the problem. Others have reported that
Support has no knowledge of the tip. We don't understand why you're making
this more difficult than it needs to be.

So, again, please post the solution to the issue in this thread.

ahmedtanveer
What's DOS?
Views: 3,245
Message 150 of 191

Hi Everyone.

let me please clear here what i had the problem with my lenovo yoga 2 pro and what i did to resolve it?

I purchased Lenovo Yoga 2 pro a couple of months ago and it was working all ok. But...

FAULT:

since last few days i have been facing a problem in MY Y2P.  The problem was that "there was no audio sound from the speakers but when i connect head phones there was sound in head phones. But one thing more that i observed was that the problem was intermittent that means some time speakers start producing sound.

Most of the users of Y2P are facing this fault.

SOLUTION:

In this situation i thought that there can be three possible causes of this fault.

1. Sound setting are changed. I checked and found it oky.

2. Sound Drivers are corrupt or not updated. i checked and it seemed to me that sound driver are oky and updated.

3. There is a hardware problem. A problem with the switch that is inside the audio jack port where we connect head phones. this switch basically transfers the audio to speakers or head phoenes. But I did nothing with that switch.

Well I send an email to lenovo support regarding this fault and they gave me a technical advice "  they said there is a problem with the sound drivers so you plz uninstall the realtek sound driver and reaboot the system and the system will automaticall install sound drivers.

So i practised that solution and finally it solved the problem my Y2P of no audio sound from speakers or some time intermittent. Since last three or four days my sytem is working properly with no fault.

here i will do recomend to use that trick for this problem before going to any stringent solution like hardware repair. I hope it will recover the issue.

But even If it does not work for you then send an email stating your problem at this mail ID service-lenovo-nl@medion.com.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors