Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
watertti1
What's DOS?
Views: 7,266
Message 20 of 191

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

11/26: Help. Is there a simple fix for this? I read thru all of the related threads but not sure there is a definitive fix. I've read thru every thread and done everything folks have suggested. Has anybody figured this out, is there a simple fix? 

tony007
Paper Tape
Views: 4,065
Message 21 of 191

Its been over 2 weeks since I am using the laptop and the audio jack problem has not reoccured. Its been working fine since the fix (pulg in and out the head phone for about 30 times).

druid99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,049
Message 22 of 191

yes, same over here. as described i applied some suitable lubricant, too. no problems since then.

ltbd78
What's DOS?
Views: 3,947
Message 23 of 191

The mute, unmute solution worked for me immediately.

Rapid
Paper Tape
Views: 3,911
Message 24 of 191

Bought Yoga 2 pro last week. And have the same issue.

After recomended fix (plug in and out the head phone for about 30 times) sound worked for two days. Today sound gone again Smiley Sad

dontcareatall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,876
Message 25 of 191

Same problem here.  Didn't work right out of the box.

usmanaijaz
What's DOS?
Views: 3,863
Message 26 of 191

I have the same issue. No sound. Uninstalled, installed drivers again. No sound with or without drivers! Can ANYONE help??

khardman
What's DOS?
Views: 3,713
Message 27 of 191

@yarongolan wrote:

Here's my solution (this has happened to me when I plug in the headphones and THEN wake up the computer - and I have no sound in my headphones):

Click on the speaker icon in the desktop. Mute, then unmute.

Wow, of all the things to actually work this did it for me. Thanks for the tip

muruganbs
Paper Tape
Views: 3,701
Message 28 of 191

I have purchased yoga 13 before 11 months. I am suffering the same problem. When playing anything via speakers connecting headphone was detected by computer but there is no sound in headphone. After 10 minutes head phone sound activated and speaker deactivated. In buetooth heaphone also when playing any file through speaker the blue tooth is connected there is no sound in speaker as well as headphone and sometimes the headphone becomes mute itself. I am suffering almost 11 months same problem. It is defintely software problem after updating and reinstalling drivers does not solve the problem
waynehastings
Paper Tape
Views: 3,659
Message 29 of 191

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but I was watching a video file (movie) on a USB thumb drive the other day in the A stand mode and the audio was fine through the built in speaker. Sometime yesterday I noticed the built in sound had stopped working. I also know there were some Windows updates that ran between the time I removed the USB thumb drive and the time I noticed the sound had stopped working. My instinct is the Windows updates stomped on something, as I've seen Windows Update introduce sound problems then fix sound problems on another system. 

Someone suggested unplugging and plugging in headphones several times, but my system was registering the plug and remove correctly even though no sound was coming out of either source.

Someone else suggested uninstalling the Realtek driver, so that is what I did just now. The uninstall asked to reboot, and now my sound is working again without having to adjust any other settings.

Thank you, community!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors