01-28-2014

United States

4 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 31 of 196

Re: Yoga 2 pro sound problem

2014-01-28, 21:25 PM

I just realized my sound was not working on my device. I don't know how long it has been but I do know it was working before a recent windows update I received. I tried the headphone jack solution and that did not work. The mute button cylcing did not work. I didn't uninstall the driver but I did roll it back then update it again and restart my computer and that worked for me. I just didn't want to have to take it to the store. I have maybe had it for 2 weeks now. Other than that issue I'm loving this thing.

Options

1 Posts

02-19-2014

Indonesia

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 32 of 196

2014-02-19, 12:42 PM

Found another solution.

After trying to plugged-unplugged the jack and uninstalling the realtek driver (which both didn't work for me), I tried to see the audio management (on windows 8 you can do this by pressing the windows+q buttons at the same time and typed 'Audio' and click 'Manage Audio Devices').

Then, new window entitled with 'Sound' appeared. At the Playback section, LONTIUM display audio was chosen. I changed the default with SPEAKERS. You can do this by clicking the Speakers option and click set default at the bottom. Just by that, my problem's solved.

Hope it helps. Cheers :)

Options

2 Posts

12-23-2013

Moscow

19 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 33 of 196

2014-03-26, 9:20 AM

2 months in service, and now i've got new soundboard (don't know what it is)

Options

2 Posts

04-18-2014

Portland, UK

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 34 of 196

2014-04-18, 14:42 PM

SOLUTION?

I've had the same problem but I think I might have the solution straight out of the box.

My headphone socket wouldn't work - the sound would still come out of the main speakers when I plugged a headset into my YP2.  I tried rapidly inserting the jack into the socket 30 times but no joy.

So I opened Realtek HD Audio Manager (click on the up arrow in the Taskbar to show hidden icons and double click on the red speaker icon).  I noticed that the 'Set Default Device' button was not greyed out on the Speakers tab.  So I clicked it to make my Lenovo speakers the default.  And voila, my headset started working.  I've tried it several times and inserting and removing my 3.5mm jack now behaves as expected.

Worth a try if the 30 times reinsertion isn't working.

Options

1 Posts

04-22-2014

Chile

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 35 of 196

2014-04-22, 2:05 AM

Hi guys, i fixed this issue following these steps:

1. Using an administrator Account, right click on windows start logo, select device manager > Audio > Remove the HD Audio entry

2. right click in device manager tree > Scan  for hardware changes

3. Enjoy the sound once again, it´s not necessary to restart the system...

Regards

Options

26 Posts

04-15-2014

Chile

82 Signins

486 Page Views

• Views: 486
  • Message 36 of 196

2014-05-13, 5:43 AM

Since I bought this thing, Y2P, it has been a pain in the ar*e!!  First the blue tooth keeps disconnecting, fixed with the help of the good people here.

Then my wireless starts disconnecting and disappearing, called Lenovo and seems to be fixed installing a drive and removing a conflicting one. 

And now!  I’ve got this audio problem!!!!!!!  What is going on LeNOvo??????????????  Honestly?  I’ve had laptops for 300USD that work better than this thing (and is still working!)….

So what’s going to go wrong with this high end laptop next LeNOvo?

Thanks for the tips here everyone, I'll give it a go and sorry, I had to vent out.

I’ll be a LeNOvo MORE for my next purchase…

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2014

United States

12 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 37 of 196

2014-05-14, 18:38 PM

Hardware or software?  Crazy mystery.

I have the same problem everyone here has had.  Sometimes the mute/unmute button trick fixes the problem.  Sometimes quickly jamming the audio plug in-and-out fixes the problem.  Sometimes restarting fixes the problem.  Sometimes these fixes work for a long time, and sometimes the fix works only for a second.  It is completely unpredictable.

One more weirdness to add: on occasion, Realtek "senses" that an audiojack has been plugged in (indicated by the pop-up) upon changing the angle of the screen (nothing else!!!), or going from laptop mode to tablet mode (again, just moving the screen).  

This audio glitch combined with the screen flickering glitch makes me conclude that Lenovo's hardware has to be at fault, and that it is maybe even causing the software to malfunction.  From what I hear, Lenovo blames these problems on software and refuses to do anything about them.  Thank you, Lenovo, for selling a malfunctioning product.

Options

3 Posts

02-06-2014

California

15 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 38 of 196

2014-05-17, 21:43 PM

Sonitude! I think this solution worked for me! Thank you for posting!

As background for other readers, I too have installed the RealTek drivers several times to no avail. I didn't bother with the plug-unplug trick. This did it!

All smiles,

goldmaple

Options

3 Posts

05-25-2014

United Arab Emirates

14 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 39 of 196

2014-05-25, 5:15 AM

if anyone of you is having the problem of no sound when you plugin the headphone jack you should just mute and unmute your sound using the button next to the ESC key and you will be good to go.

Options

11 Posts

05-14-2014

United States

12 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 40 of 196

2014-05-25, 14:39 PM

Sometimes that trick works.  Sometimes.  Othertimes - no.  Which just adds to the bizarreness of this problem.

Why mute/unmute isn't a fix to this problem:  I personally think my laptop has two separate sound issues going on simultaneously.  

One involves the audio jack:  sometimes get over a dozen pop-ups in an hour telling me that my audio jack has been plugged in/unplugged, when I'm doing something as inocuous as typing in a word processor.  This becomes a problem when I want to listen through the laptop's speakers, but the software thinks there is an audio jack plugged in.  Mute/unmute has worked a couple of times, but typically not.  Sometimes a restart works to fix it (sometimes not).  The most reliable way to temporarily correct this has been mentioned previously - shoving an audio plug into the jack and pulling it out rapidly a bunch of times.  Though, whenever any of these fixes work, they are always temporary (I haven't tried the contact fluid yet).

I think the second one involves issues with software.  Occasionally, I don't have sound at all, even when the audio jack sensor is working accurately.  This MOST OFTEN happens within the hour after I wake the computer up from sleep.  This is where mute/unmute fixes the problem everytime.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete