Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

  • Posts: 36
  • Registered: ‎01-11-2013
  • Location: Hallifax Canada
  • Views: 499
  • Message 1 of 10

Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 3:32 AM

After having used the Yoga fo over 2 years with no problems, I now have frequent disconnects from Wifi. Has this problem (which others had earlier) been worsened by recent WIndows 8.1 updates? Does anyone else have a similar experience? How would I go about trying to solve it? Thank you for your help

Reply
Options

1494 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12100 Signins

310874 Page Views

  • Posts: 1494
  • Registered: ‎08-03-2011
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 310874
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 6:39 AM

Hi rfin16

 

Welcome to the community! 


I have a Yoga 13 (personal use) and one of the  things I did was to visit  support.lenovo.com and look for the relevant drivers for my laptop.


In this case I ran this http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-13-notebook-ideapad/downloads/DS031976 

 

It did help my case - hope this can address your issue too.


wrote:

After having used the Yoga fo over 2 years with no problems, I now have frequent disconnects from Wifi. Has this problem (which others had earlier) been worsened by recent WIndows 8.1 updates? Does anyone else have a similar experience? How would I go about trying to solve it? Thank you for your help


 

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Reply
Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

  • Posts: 36
  • Registered: ‎01-11-2013
  • Location: Hallifax Canada
  • Views: 499
  • Message 3 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 7:29 AM

I installed the bottom of these two files because it had the more recent date and was for Windows 8.1. But it did not solve the problem.

 

Do both of these need to be installed to make this work? Thanks again,

 

Reply
Options

1494 Posts

08-03-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

12100 Signins

310874 Page Views

  • Posts: 1494
  • Registered: ‎08-03-2011
  • Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 310874
  • Message 4 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 8:00 AM

I did the more recent download, which addressed my issue. If it didn't work maybe you can try the earlier version?

 

Serene

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Reply
Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

Malaysia

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

  • Posts: 2192
  • Registered: ‎05-02-2008
  • Location: Malaysia
  • Views: 219550
  • Message 5 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 8:20 AM
rfin16,

Use the 2nd one as that's for Win 8.1. First one is for Win 8 only.

Regards,
Cleo


T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.


English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Reply
Options

2192 Posts

05-02-2008

Malaysia

14693 Signins

219550 Page Views

  • Posts: 2192
  • Registered: ‎05-02-2008
  • Location: Malaysia
  • Views: 219550
  • Message 6 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 8:45 AM

rfin,

 

Please also check out this solution tip in Lenovo Support site:

WIFI TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS - IDEAPAD YOGA 13

 

Recommended workarounds"

  1. Reinstall driver (the right one of course),
  2. Turn of Password protected sharing
  3. Change channel in router
  4. Ensure maximum performance setting in power management

 

Cleo

 


T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.


English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Reply
Options

212 Posts

11-12-2014

Netherlands

821 Signins

5975 Page Views

  • Posts: 212
  • Registered: ‎11-12-2014
  • Location: Netherlands
  • Views: 5975
  • Message 7 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-24, 9:45 AM

The Realtek RTL8723BE  Lenovo product combination is not known for its reliability.

 

Especially with different routers. Did you also change your router (software)?

 

Things to look for besides the Wifi Trouble Shooting Tips

 

  • Use the latest Lenovo released drivers
    Although not specific released for the Yoga series (or the were not willing to update the driver list on th e support page),
    the version 2012.16.0523.2014  (2014-06-20) was released for another Lenovo product and works best
  • The RTL seems te have a problem with wifi N connections
    You could put it in B/G mode only and most problems will be solved, wifi speed is of course prehistoric....

 

Of course  'Turning of password protected sharing'  as a solution is ridiculous.

Why not make the wifi connection unencrypted?

Freedom of Speech has just left the building
Reply
Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

  • Posts: 36
  • Registered: ‎01-11-2013
  • Location: Hallifax Canada
  • Views: 499
  • Message 8 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-29, 0:19 AM

The Driver I upgraded to is Realtek WLAN Driver for 64-bit Windows 1.00.0230 released on 8/26/2014. Is thisequivalent to the driver you mentioned? it seems to be the most recent one listed for the Yoga 13. I have already installed it but the problem persists.


wrote:

The Realtek RTL8723BE  Lenovo product combination is not known for its reliability.

 

Especially with different routers. Did you also change your router (software)?

 

Things to look for besides the Wifi Trouble Shooting Tips

 

  • Use the latest Lenovo released drivers
    Although not specific released for the Yoga series (or the were not willing to update the driver list on th e support page),
    the version 2012.16.0523.2014  (2014-06-20) was released for another Lenovo product and works best
  • The RTL seems te have a problem with wifi N connections
    You could put it in B/G mode only and most problems will be solved, wifi speed is of course prehistoric....

 

Of course  'Turning of password protected sharing'  as a solution is ridiculous.

Why not make the wifi connection unencrypted?


 

Also, if you turn off sharing altogether might that help? Thanks again.

 

Thank you for your help.

 

 
Reply
Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

  • Posts: 36
  • Registered: ‎01-11-2013
  • Location: Hallifax Canada
  • Views: 499
  • Message 9 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-29, 3:49 AM

wrote:

rfin,

 

Please also check out this solution tip in Lenovo Support site:

WIFI TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS - IDEAPAD YOGA 13

 

Recommended workarounds"

  1. Reinstall driver (the right one of course),
  2. Turn of Password protected sharing
  3. Change channel in router
  4. Ensure maximum performance setting in power management

 

Cleo

 



Very disappointing that you would continue to suggest these non solutions in response to our problems. I guess I have to recommend that my employer look to other suppliers instead of Lenovo for computers in future.

Reply
Options

36 Posts

01-11-2013

Hallifax Canada

59 Signins

499 Page Views

  • Posts: 36
  • Registered: ‎01-11-2013
  • Location: Hallifax Canada
  • Views: 499
  • Message 10 of 10

Re: Recent Wifi Problems - Yoga 13

2014-11-29, 4:08 AM

wrote:

wrote:

rfin,

 

Please also check out this solution tip in Lenovo Support site:

WIFI TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS - IDEAPAD YOGA 13

 

Recommended workarounds"

  1. Reinstall driver (the right one of course),
  2. Turn of Password protected sharing
  3. Change channel in router
  4. Ensure maximum performance setting in power management

 

Cleo

 



Very disappointing that you would continue to suggest these non solutions in response to our problems. I guess I have to recommend that my employer look to other suppliers instead of Lenovo for computers in future.


PS in addition to the absurdity of recommending that sharing be opened to all, I have no idea how to change the channel in my own router (which works fine for ALL other devices), let alone switich the many routers at work, on the road etc to Channel 7. Really pathetic "support". It is obvious customers mean nothing to you.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms