Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,623
Message 1 of 15

Recovery Boot Menu and Keyboard not active

Last week the keyboard on my Lenovo Yoga 300-11IBR appeared to go into yoga tent mode. The touchpad and the keyboard were disabled, apart from F9 which turns the screen on and off. At the same time, on reboot I have a RECOVERY BOOT MENU, which I cannot navigate due to the keyboard problem. I can plug in an external keyboard but I cannot find an option to disable this RECOVERY BOOT MENU, I also cannot find any information about this menu online.

I have reinstalled windows and this problem remains. I am not ready to discard and replace this laptop as it serves all my needs, it´s just a shame that some basic functionality is impairing my ability use it.

At the same time the power details/battery stats are not registering the correct battery levels, sometimes the laptop says that no battery is detected when it´s running only on battery power.

"Do you want to switch to tablet mode" is also appearing constantly as if the hardware sensor is faulty, I have overcome this by stopping and disabling the ymc service.

I am now at a loss and hope that someone on the forum can help, even if it´s just to disable this recovery boot menu, it would be a help. Thank you.

Purell
Serial Port
Views: 3,520
Message 2 of 15

Re: Recovery Boot Menu and Keyboard not active

reset bios settings.

and you mentioned that you reinstalled windows, did you reinstall all the drivers? (i think there is something like yoga mode that disables keyboard in tablet mode)

Silan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,484
Message 3 of 15

Thank you for your suggestions. I'd already reflashed the bios and the necessary drivers are installed. I mentioned that I had disabled the service that makes the keyboard and touch pad non-responsive in tent mode.

The battery status is still intermittent and incorrect, despite diagnostic software indicating that the battery is running optimally while Windows is currently displaying no battery detected. Sometimes the laptop switches off because it's detected a low battery.

A few more symptoms that make me think there's a hardware, possibly an EC error...

Cortana doesn't work, there is no cortana service. I've updated Windows, completed a few sfc scannow, used a registry fix to enable Windows search. I have also began to receive errors with my Adobe products about visual C++ redistribute packages.

klaw2
Paper Tape
Views: 3,023
Message 4 of 15

hi Silan,

I have your same problem: have you solved it??

Thank you

Klaw

Silan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,013
Message 5 of 15

Hello. The problem was not resolved, the motherboard needed to be replaced and with this integrated board that means a new laptop. I had the laptop 13 months before this problem and will not buy another of these cheap fully integrated laptops. You can close this thread.

klaw2
Paper Tape
Views: 2,989
Message 6 of 15

thank you Silan!!

Klaw

RienSu
Paper Tape
Views: 2,887
Message 7 of 15

Hi,Recovery Boot Menu you can disable at Power and sleep mode,Advanced power settings, Power buttons and cover. Here is action when you press the power button,now you can set Turn off on Battery and Power supply. Problem is when you klick on Turn off at Start menu button,your Yoga go in sleep mode. If you turn on the Yoga with the power button, the notebook resets, so it will be displayed Recovery Boot Menu. With keyboard and touchpad have same problem,dont know why but when i uninstall drivers for touchpad and restart notebook then keyboard and touchpad work normal. But if notebook is off for more than 1 hour, need again uninstall drivers for touchpad. Hope i find solution for this. Sorry for my english.

MONDAYisDEAD
What's DOS?
Views: 2,809
Message 8 of 15

I have the exact problems with my Lenovo Yoga 300-11IBR: keyboard and touchpad not working, tablet mode randomly pops...etc and it's sad that you didn't find any solution to this problem. I kinda lost hope that my laptop will recover. Never again will I buy this product.

PretextTheory
Paper Tape
Views: 2,411
Message 9 of 15

I am experiencing the same problem with my cheapo Flex 3-1130.  The problem on my Flex 3 began a few days ago: seemingly, out of the blue.  Yesterday, I removed the battery and the hard drive.  Both tested OK.  After reinstalling the HDD (and running with and without the battery), after several attempts, the Flex finally booted into Windows.  The computer was again working.

I was able to work with the machine last night.  However, this morning, it again failed to boot.  I checked the 3V lithium CMOS battery.  It was completely dead.  I replaced the coin battery, but the symptoms persist.

Why won't the keyboard respond so that I can navigate the Recovery Boot Menu?

pablosua
What's DOS?
Views: 1,780
Message 10 of 15

The exact same problem here with a yoga 300 11-IBR (the recovery boot menu issue, the problems with keyboard and pad, constantly switching to tablet mode, battery malfunction). And I find no solutions. I’ll never buy again a Lenovo product, that’s for sure.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors