Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikejt86
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 315
Message 1 of 3

Removing bottom cover from YOGA 330-11IGM - Australian Model

So I've just removed the screws from the bottom cover and tried to remove it so I can see if my model has a M.2 slot that I can use to upgrade the storage on this laptop, however after removing the screws the bottom cover doesn't seem to want to come off.

I really don't want to apply any force to it to remove the cover as I don't want to damage the externals of the laptop, but the little force I did apply to try to remove it didn't budge the bottom at all.

I've since replaced the screws to get some more advice on this process.

Has anyone removed the botttom cover on the YOGA 330-11IGM successfully?

Is it glued or double-sided taped shut?

How did you go about removing the cover?

Did you need to use any tools to get the bottom cover off?

I was consulting the Lenovo Hardware Maintenance Manual for removal instructions (attached). There's no mention of glue or double sided tape in this manual.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 295
Message 2 of 3

Re: Removing bottom cover from YOGA 330-11IGM - Australian Model

To open it properly, you needs some plastic/nylon pry tools (aka Spudgers) to pry the case open similar to this one     They come in varios varieties, and can usually be sourced locally if you have a good computer shop nearby.

The Video below courtesy of:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505031

Yoga 330 / Flex 6 (81A6, 81A7) Bottom Case Removal    

http://download.lenovo.com/lts/RCNW1650/FOF/RCNW1650-Yoga330_REM_FRU_01_BottomCase.mp4

My understanding (I could be wrong) is that model has only one M.2 SATA 2280 slot, and does not have a place for a 2.5" HDD/SSD, so while you could increase the size, I do not think you can add an aditional drive.

capture.jpg 

Cheers,

mikejt86
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 239
Message 3 of 3

Re: Removing bottom cover from YOGA 330-11IGM - Australian Model

Thank's for replying to my thread!

I thought this might be the case but I didn't want to go prying around the bottom cover just to find out it's glued.

My model uses an eMMC for the primary drive so I'm pretty sure there's just an empty M.2 slot sitting in there that I should be able to connect a 240 GB M.2 SSD too, which will be a lot faster than the eMMC and give me more than my current 64 GB capacity.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors