Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boothy999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 4

Replacement cracked Yoga 900 screen

I have the YOGA 90013ISK (the original one), I need to replace a cracked screen.  Can I replace it with the new screen from the 920 Vibes (UK name) https://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/900-series/Yoga-920-Vibes/p/88YG9000860

If so, where can I get one?

If not, what do I need to replace the cracked glass?  Do I need to replace the whole unit, or just the glass?

Thanks 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,501
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacement cracked Yoga 900 screen

The thing you call the glass is the static discharge digitizer.  There is a matrix of VERY fine wires running through it.  It cannot be replaced separately. (bonded with adhesive and connected via a non-reusable connection tape) Lenovo replaces the entire lid unit as an assembly.  You can replace the entire screen assembly as a unit (keeping the lid and hinges) as a unit, but it is difficult to get the camera and microphone moved without breaking anything and it is difficult to get the lid mounted so that it closes flat.  I have never tried, but I think the 920 will not fit. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Boothy999
Paper Tape
Views: 1,469
Message 3 of 4

Thanks very much for your response. So I need part 5D10K26887 ? Lenvo repair seems to be quite disparate in the UK, would you be confident in getting a general PC rapair business to replace the screen?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,459
Message 4 of 4

I don't know.  That is the assembly part number listed in the manual.  I have always found parts like that to be too expensive and I have either bought a machine with a bad motherboard and put the good parts together, or parted out the machine. 

As far as a repair shop, the yoga hinge is difficult to get straight so the lid closes flat.  There are a lot of cables that have fragile connections (easy to break) and need to be unplugged and re-plugged.  I would be afraid to use someone withouut any experience on that or a similar model.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors